- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 151
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Credit: Yes
Earn transferable credit by taking this course for credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Science Vocabulary & Concepts: Study Skills & Word Parts
Course SummaryBiology 101: Intro to Biology has been evaluated and recommended for 3 semester hours and may be transferred to over 2,000 colleges and universities. The course can be completed at your own pace, and it offers you a convenient, inexpensive and simple way to jumpstart your degree program.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
The course objective is to explain and apply foundational principles of biology, including ecology, evolution, genetics and cell division.
Your grade for this course will be calculated out of 300 points. The minimum score required to pass and earn real college credit for this course is 210 points, or an overall course grade of 70%. The table below shows the assignments you must complete and how they'll be incorporated into the overall grade.
|Proctored Final Exam||200|
Quizzes are meant to test your comprehension of each lesson as you progress through the course. Here's a breakdown of how you will be graded on quizzes and how they'll factor into your final score:
- You will have 3 attempts to take each quiz for a score.
- The highest score of your first 3 attempts will be recorded as your score for each quiz.
- When you've completed the course, the highest scores from your first 3 attempts at each quiz will be averaged together and weighed against the total possible points for quizzes. For instance, if your average quiz score is 85%, you'll receive 85 out of 100 possible points for quizzes.
- After your initial 3 attempts, you can take a quiz for practice as many times as you'd like.
- You will need to pass each quiz with a score of at least 80% to earn course progress for the lesson. However, it is not necessary to earn 80% within the first three quiz attempts.
Proctored Final Exam
The proctored final exam is a cumulative test designed to ensure that you've mastered the material in the course.
- You'll earn points equivalent to the percentage grade you receive on your proctored final. (So if you earn 90% on the final, that's 180 points toward your final grade.)
- If you're unsatisfied with your score on the exam, you'll be eligible to retake the exam after a 3-day waiting period.
- You can only retake the exam twice, so be sure to use your study guide and fully prepare yourself before you take the exam again.
Items Allowed on Study.com Proctored Exam for Biology 101:
- A non-graphing, scientific calculator
- One sheet of blank scratch paper
- Pen or pencil
Items NOT Allowed on Study.com Proctored Exam for Biology 101:
- Graphing calculators
- Office programs, web browsers, or any programs other than Software Secure (including Study.com lessons)
- Textbooks (digital or physical)
- Mobile phones, headphones, speakers, TVs, radios
- Notebooks or notes