- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 127
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How the Economic and Legal Environment Affects Business
Course SummaryThis Introduction to Business textbook replacement course covers all of the topics in a standard business textbook. The lessons offer a convenient way for students to study, interactive materials for teachers to engage their classes, and an effective alternative to expensive or outdated textbooks.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Any instructor who teaches business can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most business textbooks.
How it works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like human resources, product development, retailing and pricing strategies are perfect for briefly introducing a business topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional business textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of business marketing fundamentals and accounting basics. Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online Introduction to Business textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Cost Effective: Using our business textbook can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring risk management, product distribution, entrepreneurship, the economy and other business topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like money and financial institutions easy to understand.
- Blended Learning: All of Study.com's courses are perfect solutions for a flipped classroom environment, blending classroom, digital and mobile learning into one package.
- Help Students Keep Up: Teachers can assign lessons directly from the course to students who need further help with specific business topics or who missed class.
- Simple and Versatile: Teachers and students can access this business and any Study.com course from any computer or mobile device.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online business textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in business class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your teacher via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings business lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb business practices, principles and operations.
- Identify the business topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging business video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like the business cycle, global trading, franchises and corporate expansion.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any business topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our business course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about organizational management, operations management planning and the forms of business ownership.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in business, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this business course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand a business concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Explore entrepreneurship and technological business environments
- Learn about business ethics and social responsibility
- Discuss economics and global business markets
- Get information about forms of business ownership
- Examine business leadership skills and styles as well as organizational management techniques
- Identify ways of enhancing business operations and improving productivity in business
- Study human resource management laws and risk management practices
- Describe the relationships between employees and workers
- Explain business marketing and pricing strategies
- Outline the processes involved in product development, promotion and distribution
- Learn about MIS fundamentals and information technology in business
- Explore the fundamentals of accounting and financial management
- Identify different kinds of financial institutions
- Discuss the importance of securities markets
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Open Education Save Students From Expensive Textbooks?
- The Most Expensive College Textbooks and Why You Should Skip Them
- Why College Textbooks Are So Expensive and How to Avoid Overpaying for Them
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- Textbook Rebels with a Cause
- Build-Your-Own Textbooks Could Save Students Hundreds
- Win Free Textbooks for a Year
- Where to Find Free and Low-Cost Textbooks
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses