- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 38
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Cloud Computing? - Definition, Advantages & Disadvantages
Course SummaryIf your organization needs to learn about the fundamentals of cloud computing, look no further than this online professional development course. The self-paced course is comprised of simple lessons and assessments that can be reviewed on any Internet-connected device.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This comprehensive Introduction to Cloud Computing exposes your staff to fundamental cloud computing concepts. As your employees work throughout the course's short and simple lessons, they'll be introduced to cloud computing services, cloud security requirements, the development of cloud applications and much more. The course is taught by subject-matter experts, and the lessons come with short quizzes to help your employees reinforce their cloud computing knowledge.
How It Works
These resources can be accessed on any device that has an Internet connection, such as a desktop, laptop or smartphone. The course materials are also available 24/7, which helps employees study cloud computing whenever it's convenient.
Using the course is simple:
- Bite-size lessons lay out the foundations of cloud computing
- Self-assessment quizzes help employees check their understanding of cloud computing technologies, services, operations, tools, etc.
- Word-for-word lesson transcripts can be printed out for offline reference
- An interactive dashboard keeps track of course progress and lets employees navigate to specific chapter topics
- A final course exam measures your employees' comprehension of cloud computing fundamentals
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Your organization will become well-versed in the applications of cloud computing and security.
- Discusses useful cloud computing services: Lessons offer insight into cloud computing services that can benefit your organization.
- Establishes application development skills: Employees will be able to use a variety of tools to conduct cloud operations and develop cloud-based applications.
After finishing the course, your staff should be able to:
- Explain basic cloud computing concepts
- Describe the functions of enabling technologies for cloud services
- Recognize available cloud computing services
- Conduct cloud operations using open-source tools
- Outline the process of cloud application development
- Assess the importance of cloud security
- Understand how cloud computing impacts business processes
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses in Organizational Development
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Online Internet Security Course and Class Reviews
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Learn Copywriting From Home Courses Available Online
- Online Courses for Make-Up Professionals
- Online Internet Marketing Course and Class Overviews
- Online Cryptography Course and Class Reviews
- Online Banking Classes and Courses Review
- Online Database Administrator Course Reviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses