- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 123
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Diffusion Coefficient: Definition, Equation & Units
Course SummaryThis course contains engaging and informative lessons that can help you quickly learn the basics of engineering and engineering principles. You can use the course in conjunction with your engineering textbook, or you can study the course to get ahead in class and prepare for upcoming exams.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Familiarize yourself with the basic principles and elements used in engineering with these engaging lessons. This course is divided into multiple chapters that include text and video lessons designed to help you review topics commonly found in an introduction to engineering course. Each lesson has been constructed by an experienced instructor who will share his or her expertise with you in a convenient online format.
The lessons in this course have several different uses and can be helpful for:
- Current professionals looking to brush up on some of the engineering basics.
- Students enrolled in an introductory engineering course seeking to improve their studies or aid in their homework or test prep.
- Engineering instructors looking for resources and ideas for an introduction to engineering course.
- Casual learners interested in teaching themselves engineering basics on their own time and implementing projects in their homes.
- Engineering materials and properties
- Stress and strain
- Temperature and heat
- Engineering tools and processes
- Pressure and tolerance in engineering
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Architectural Engineering Courses and Classes
- Professional Engineering Classes and Courses
- Automation Engineering Course and Class Descriptions
- Flight Engineering Course and Class Descriptions
- Genetic Engineering Courses and Classes Overview
- Optical Engineering Courses and Classes Information
- PC Engineering Courses and Classes Overview
- Building Engineering Courses and Classes Overview
- Robotic Engineering Courses and Classes Overview
- Manufacturing Engineering Course and Class Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses