- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 257
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Environmental Science? - Definition and Scope of the Field
Course SummaryGet caught up in your environmental science class by working through this Introduction to Environmental Science help and review course. You can use our short video lessons to work on only the topics that you're struggling with, or watch all lessons for a thorough review, then test yourself using our multiple-choice quizzes.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding college environmental science will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding ecosystems, environmental resources, hazardous waste, organisms or any other environmental science topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn college environmental science.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Introduction to Environmental Science final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What do environmental scientists study?
- Why is the environment different from an ecosystem?
- How do organisms interact in ecosystems?
- How are ecosystems categorized, and how do they evolve?
- What are the different aspects of atmospheric and biological science?
- What are the geological components of the Earth?
- How do freshwater resources become polluted?
- How do human populations affect the environment?
- What are some major agricultural and food resources?
- What makes some types of waste hazardous?
- How do renewable and non-renewable resources differ?
- What are some environmentally sustainable practices?
- What factors affect the health of the environment?
- What roles do ethics and politics play in environmental issues?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Environmental Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Environmental Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Careers in Environmental Science
- What Are Some Careers in Environmental Science?
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Graduate Programs in Environmental Science
- Careers Involving Environmental Science
- Coastal Environmental Science Degree
- Distance Learning Environmental Science Degrees with Course Info
- Should I Major in Environmental Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- GIS Analyst Job Info and Requirements for Becoming a Geographic Information Systems Analyst
- Florida Automotive Schools
- Sun Certified Java Programmer SCJP Career Info and Requirements for Becoming a SCJP
- Mfa Acting Programs in Chicago
- Funeral Director Job Description and Information About Starting a Career in Funeral Directing
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses