- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 252
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Main Branches of Geology
Course SummaryIf you're struggling in your introduction to physical geology classes, get some help with our physical geology review course. You can review only the lessons that you need to in order to catch up on certain topics, or you can take the whole course in preparation for a test or class project.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding college physical geology will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding minerals, igneous and sedimentary rocks; earth materials, erosion, geologic time, plate tectonics, water balance or any other physical geology topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn college physical geology.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Introduction to Physical Geology final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What types of materials are found in and on the Earth?
- What are some of the unique features and practical applications of minerals?
- How do celestial and earth rocks differ?
- What differences are found among igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks?
- How do glaciers, mountains and rocks form?
- How do erosion and weathering affect the Earth?
- What are the differences between ground and running water?
- What are some of the characteristics of oceans, and how do they move?
- How are deserts affected by wind?
- What occurs during the water cycle?
- How did the universe originate, and what are its major components?
- How do scientists measure geologic time?
- What are the layers and spheres of the Earth?
- What do atmospheric scientists study?
- How do earthquakes start?
- What are the guiding principles behind the theory of plate tectonics?
- What differences are found between renewable and non renewable resources?
- How do human beings affect the environment?
- What are the definitions for environmental risk and sustainability?
- What are environmental ethics, and what role do they play in the political process?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online College Geology Classes and Courses Overview
- Physical Therapist Classes and Courses Overview
- Physical Therapist Assistant Classes and Courses
- Physical Education Courses and Classes Overview
- Physical Training Courses and Classes Overview
- Physical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Banking Classes and Courses Review
- Online Cryptography Course and Class Reviews
- Online German Courses and Classes Review
- Online Merchandising Course and Class Reviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses