- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 299
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Political Science?
Course SummaryGet the most out of your Introduction to Political Science classes by taking our interactive review course. Use these fun video lessons and self-assessment quizzes as a study aid to supplement your class lectures and textbooks.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding introductory political science material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the electoral or federal judicial system, government fiscal policies, civil liberties, political ideologies or any other political science topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about introductory political science.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra political science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Introduction to Political Science final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are basic ideas and terms used in the study of political science?
- How do civil liberties differ from civil rights?
- What are some common political ideologies and philosophies?
- How do the different types of governments and legislatures function?
- What key features are associated with congressional and presidential elections and powers?
- How do the federal administrative and judicial systems work in the United States?
- What roles do political parties and special interest groups play in the United States?
- How do the media and politics relate to each other?
- What is unique to America's political culture?
- How is public opinion measured?
- What roles do comparative and international law play in politics?
- How are fiscal, foreign, public and social policies developed?
- What types of environmental, health, population and security issues currently face the world?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Interactive Advertising Course and Class Review
- Online Courses and Classes in Political Science
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- List of Free Online Law Classes, Lectures and Courses
- Music Video Director Courses and Classes
- Video Production Courses and Classes Overview
- Digital Video Courses and Classes Overview
- First Aid and CPR Classes and Courses Overview
- Online German Courses and Classes Review
- Online Banking Classes and Courses Review
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses