- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 252
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Why Study Psychology? - Overview & Experiments
Course SummaryOur Introduction to Psychology: Tutoring Solution course can help you work through tough psychology subjects or classwork that you're struggling with. Our short video lessons break down key topics so they're easy to understand and apply to your homework or general understanding of psychology.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other introductory psychology work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn introductory psychology material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding learning, cognition, personality, sensation and perception, social psychology, states of consciousness or any other introductory psychology topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their psychology learning
- Prefer learning psychology visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing introductory psychology
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in introductory psychology
- Don't have access to their psychology teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning introductory psychology simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live psychology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn introductory psychology on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Become familiar with the different approaches to psychology.
- Discuss biological influences on behavior.
- Understand the mechanics behind sensation and perception.
- Take a look at the different states of consciousness.
- Learn about classical and operant conditioning.
- Discuss intelligence, memory and language.
- Examine theories of emotion.
- Explore the field of developmental psychology.
- Become familiar with personality theories and types of personality assessment.
- Understand the scope of social psychology.
- Examine different types of psychological disorders.
- Learn about some common types of psychological treatments.
- Explore the use of statistics in psychological research.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Overview of Behavioral Psychology Courses
- Online Developmental Psychology Courses
- What Can You Do with a Major in Psychology?
- What Can You Do With a Master's in Psychology?
- What Can You Do With a PhD in Psychology?
- Developmental Psychology Courses & Course Description
- Psychology Degree Program and Career Video
- Criminal Psychology Courses and Classes Overview
- Abnormal Psychology Course and Class Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses