- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 36
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Social Selling: Definition, Purpose & Example
Course SummaryUse this course to educate your marketing employees on the basics of social selling. The course's short and simple lessons can help your employees learn social media marketing strategies throughout the workweek.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this marketing course, your employees will study short and engaging lessons about social selling. Divided into several topical chapters, this course outlines methods for engaging with customers online and selling to them through popular social media networks. Your employees will also learn how to create social media profiles, build an online presence, cultivate a sales network and establish a strong personal brand for social media marketing.
How It Works
Employees can access this course using a device that is Internet-enabled. It's also available 24/7, which helps to alleviate scheduling concerns.
Using the course is simple:
- Engaging and informative marketing lessons break down basic social selling concepts and strategies
- Short quizzes help your employees reinforce their understanding of key social media marketing topics
- An Ask the Expert feature allows employees to answer any questions they may have about social selling
- A final course assessment let's you see how well your employees understand the fundamentals of social selling
How It Helps
- Heightens awareness: Your company's marketing staff will become aware of the functions and benefits of social selling and social media marketing.
- Offers helpful strategies: The course offers effective social selling strategies that your employees can quickly start applying in their marketing efforts.
- Strengthens marketing skills: Employees who complete this course will be able to sell more effectively on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
After finishing the course, your company's marketing employees should be able to:
- Understand the foundations of social selling and social buying
- Use social selling tools and networks
- Create profiles for multiple social media platforms
- Conduct social selling research
- Build a strong sales network
- Apply strategies for social prospect engagement and social selling
- Interpret and use social media metrics
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Social Media Marketing Careers
- Social Media Marketing Manager Job Overview
- Social Media Marketing Degree Programs Online
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- How to Find a Job Using Social Media
- Social Media Communications Degree
- Social Media Bachelor's Degree
- Adapting Social Media to the Classroom
- Jobs that Involve Social Media
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- Online Masters of Pharmaceutical Management Program Information
- Medical Biology Education Requirements and Career Information
- Online Paralegal Studies Master's Degree Programs
- Career Information for a Degree in Police Science or Law Enforcement
- Online Degree Programs in Biomedical Equipment Technology
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses