- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 108
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Descriptive & Inferential Statistics: Definition, Differences & Examples
Course SummaryStrengthen your knowledge of basic statistics concepts using this Introduction to Statistics: Tutoring Solution course. Enjoy the ability to study at your own pace in a secure online environment with help from informative lessons, short quizzes, practice exams and more.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other statistics work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn statistics material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the mean and median, standard deviation, cumulative frequency, conditional probability, random sampling, sample size or any other statistics topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing statistics
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in statistics
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning statistics simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live statistics tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn statistics on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Become familiar with the basics of statistics, such as types of data, experimental design and the implications of bias.
- Understand how to summarize data by organizing the data set and calculating mean, median, mode and range.
- Learn how to create and interpret different types of tables and plots.
- Calculate the probability of different types of events.
- Find expected values.
- Graph probability distributions.
- Take a look at examples of different types of random samples.
- Explain how to find confidence intervals.
- Describe the process for testing a hypothesis.
- Discuss correlation and regression.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Criminal Justice Statistics Course Information
- Online Statistics Courses: Requirements and Classes Available
- Online Statistics Course: Find Free Stats Courses Online
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Online Schools for Statistics: How to Choose
- Statistics Courses and Classes Overview
- Statistics Worksheets
- Careers in Statistics
- Online Applied Statistics Master's Programs
- Online PhD in Statistics: Program Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses