- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 206
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Textiles?
Course SummaryThe lessons in this course provide an overview of the textile industry, including the basics of fabrics, fibers, and techniques, while also highlighting important historical context and cultural differences. Use this course to improve your ability to discuss this industry for your career or classwork.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This introductory course gives an overview of essential aspects of the textile industry. The short lessons focus on subjects such as fabrics, techniques, industry types, and the international textile industry. The interactive quizzes allow you to track your progress and knowledge as you make your way through the course.
This course is useful to students, teachers and professionals in the textile industry as well as the casual learner.
- Professionals may build new workplace skills by reviewing these topics and may be able to use these lessons in professional development or certification renewal requirements.
- Students can navigate these chapters easily to help supplement test prep or coursework resources.
- Teachers can incorporate these lessons into their curriculum, assign them as homework or use the quizzes to monitor student learning.
- Casual learners may enjoy ease and convenience provided by the mobile-ready format of each lesson.
- Textile basics
- Fibers and fabrics
- Textile techniques
- History of textiles
- Textiles of different countries and cultures
- Overview ofhe textile industry
- Types of textile industries
- The textile industry around the world
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Textile Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Textile Course Information
- Online Courses and Training for a Fiber Optics Related Career
- Sterilization Course Overviews
- How Do I Improve in My Online College Courses?
- Home Improvement Classes and Courses Overview
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Typing Class, Lesson and Course Overviews
- Drawing Lessons and Instruction: Overview of Classes and Coursework
- Textile Design Degrees with Course Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses