- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 25
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Internet of Things: Definition, Components & Examples
Course SummaryIt's easy to work with your employees on an introduction to the internet of things with help from our course. Within this corporate training resource are short videos and self-assessment quizzes that can be accessed at all times.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Our corporate training chapter offers flexibility and can ensure that your teams understand the internet of things. They'll review precise lessons about products and devices, device discovery and other concepts related to the internet of things. For quick self assessment, we've included self-assessment quizzes and tests.
How It Works
When your employees access this chapter, they'll review lessons that explain the internet of things in simple language. Before moving on, your teams can go through the lessons again to ensure comprehension.
Included are the following:
- Professionally written lessons about the internet of things
- Multiple-choice quizzes with each lesson
- Tests at the end of the chapters
- A comprehensive test at the conclusion of the course
How It Helps
- Boosts confidence: Team members who understand the internet of things are more confident in completing their job responsibilities.
- Explains processes: Your employees will study software, data and process management and external systems in this course.
- Simplifies training: The course addresses multitude of training needs, whether you need a resource to use to lead a workshop or want to assign lessons individually.
Use this course to ensure your employees can meet these objectives:
- Outline the internet of things
- Discuss society as it relates to the internet of things
- Explain the internet of things, including related products, devices and software
- Provide an overview of device discovery
- Understand the process of networking on the internet of things
- Compare cloud, fog and mist computing
- Describe external systems and data and process management in the internet of things
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Online Courses Work Video
- When to Use a Self-Assessment With Your Job Search Video
- Access Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- Self-Assessments for Choosing a Career Path Video
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Should I Become a Corporate Lawyer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Should I Work in Human Resources? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses