- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 56
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Components of the Project Initiation Phase
Course SummaryYou can train your employees in aspects of project management using this short Introduction to the Principles of Project Management course, which covers the entire process from planning to closure. This corporate training resource is available on a flexible, mobile-friendly platform.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course provides you with a simple but effective training tool that breaks down this material into individual chapters. Your employees can review strategic change management, project management tools and implementation processes. Use self-assessment lesson quizzes and chapter exams to measure what they have retained and determine whether they're ready to start applying these strategies to their next project.
How It Works
All video and text lessons contained in this course are accessible at all times, from any device. This makes it possible to have your employees utilize this training tool in the office or even from home.
The course contains:
- Brief, engaging lessons that explain project risks, cost estimation, time management and more
- Printable transcripts that allow your employees to review even when they don't have access to an electronic device
- Lesson quizzes that employees can use to evaluate their understanding of each topic
- Chapter exams that can be used to determine if employees are ready to move from one chapter to the next
- A final exam that you can use to ensure that each employee has fully grasped every concept and are ready to put their studies into action
How It Helps
- Supports the success of your projects: Builds upon each employee's understanding of project management steps and procedures to help ensure the success of every business venture.
- Control project costs: Reinforces the use of effective strategies at every stage of a project to avoid errors or pitfalls that can adversely affect costs.
- Enhances productivity: Employees who feel they can use strategies to complete tasks in a more efficient manner will feel more confident and productive.
Once they have completed this course, your employees should understand how to:
- Identify components and steps of the project initiation, planning, execution, control, monitoring, and closure phases.
- Analyze project feasibility, costs, benefits, and risks to align expectations and gain support from key stakeholders.
- Develop a project charter and create a plan to manage stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Construct plans to effectively manage project scope, costs, schedules, and work-breakdown structures.
- Identify strategies to effectively manage procurement, quality, and schedules during project execution.
- Select tools and metrics to control project scope, processes, and risk.
- Respond to schedule and process changes, risk exposure, and alterations to scope.
- Close projects by transferring deliverables, obtaining feedback from stakeholders, and reviewing and archiving project results.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Distance Learning Training in IT Project Management with Course Info
- Project Management Certification and Training Programs
- Online Courses in Construction Project Management
- Project Management Classes and Courses Overview
- Project Management Career Training and Degrees in Liverpool, NY
- Technical Project Management Career Training in Indiana
- Online Project Management Leadership Training Programs
- Construction Project Management Education and Training Programs
- Online Project Management Engineering Courses and Classes
- Online Certified Project Management Courses and Classes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses