- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 15
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Workforce Diversity? - Definition & Issues
Course SummaryThis online corporate learning course offers an introduction to essential workplace diversity topics. Have your staff review the course's short lessons and quizzes to promote, encourage and improve diversity at your place of business.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this course, your employees will review short and simple lessons that outline the basics of diversity in the workplace. The course offers concise lessons that are taught by expert business instructors. As your employees work through the course, they'll study types of workplace diversity, diversity's impact at work and strategies for encouraging diversity in the office. The course can be assigned to individual employees or incorporated into diversity training sessions. We've also included short self-assessments to help your employees reinforce their understanding of these topics.
How It Works
The course is accessible online at any time that's convenient for you and your staff. Employees can take the course in sequence or jump to specific chapter topics form the course dashboard.
Using the course is easy:
- Engaging lessons present the fundamentals of workplace diversity in a simplified and easy-to-understand manner
- Lesson quizzes and chapter exams help employees ensure their comprehension of workplace diversity issues
- Word-for-word lesson transcripts can be printed out for offline study
- A final course assessment proves that your employees are aware of the impact and importance of diversity in the workplace
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Your staff will develop a strong awareness of multiple types of workplace diversity
- Explains the importance of diversity: The course contains lessons that show your employees why diversity is important in the professional environment and how it impacts the workplace
- Encourages diversity: The course explains methods for promoting diversity in the workplace
After finishing the course, your company's employees should be able to:
- Recognize different types of diversity in the workplace
- Evaluate the impact of diversity in professional settings
- Encourage diversity at your organization
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- The Role of HR in Promoting Diversity
- What Every HR and Business Leader Should Know About Diversity in the Workplace
- Diversity in Librarianship...NOT
- Online Business Communication Course and Class Reviews
- 10 Places to Get Free Online Business Courses
- Online Baking Courses and Learning Programs
- Online German Courses and Classes Review
- Online Artificial Intelligence Course Reviews
- Online Banking Classes and Courses Review
- Online Database Administrator Course Reviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses