- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 86
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Centralized Organization: Definition & Explanation
Course SummaryReview the fun lessons in this short course to strengthen your knowledge of the business studies topics you could see on the ISC Business Studies exam. Benefit from short quizzes and practice exams that can gauge your comprehension and ensure you're ready to take and pass the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This entertaining online course simplifies the process of studying for the ISC Business Studies exam. Study short and engaging lessons to learn more about topics that include office automation, effective office communication, the modern office and authority in an office. Accompanying the lessons are mini quizzes designed to test your understanding of the concepts they cover. Practice exams are also available to find out how much you comprehend about each chapter and the entire course. Completing this study guide will help you better understand the following:
- Basics of the modern office
- Office organization and accommodation
- Responsibility and authority in the office
- Office reprography, automation and records management
- Hiring and staff
- Needs theory and employee morale and motivation
- Staff leadership and effective office communication
- Methods of office communication and staff appraisal and promotion in India
- Business meetings
About the Exam
The ISC Business Studies exam is one of several exam options available to students interested in earning an Indian School Certificate (ISC). Candidates must have completed a two-year course of studies beyond the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ISCE) Examination to take the exam. The ISC Business Studies exam assesses candidates' comprehension of the basic structure and functions of a business and the functional aspects of an office. It is divided into two parts and lasts 3 hours. Part I consists of 30 total marks and Part II consists of 70 total marks. Students must earn a minimum of 40% marks to pass. The dates and centres of examination are arranged by Heads of Schools.
ISC Business Studies Exam Preparation & Registration
The lessons in this course closely examine important business studies topics to help boost your confidence as you prepare to take the ISC Business Studies exam. Make sure you understand organizational charts, office manuals, records indexing, staff remuneration, staff promotion and dismissal in India and much more. Take multiple-choice lesson quizzes to check your understanding of these concepts. Use chapter exams and a final course exam to get a broader review of the lessons. Enjoy around-the-clock access to these resources from any smartphone, tablet or computer.
Candidates taking the exam must be registered online in Class XI. Specific conditions of entry are required, including a minimum of 75% attendance during each year of the two-year course. It's good to note that private candidates cannot appear for the examination. When taking the exam, candidates must bring and use black ink pens to answer questions. If withdrawal from the exam is necessary due to illness or at the written request of the candidate's parent or legal guardian, only Heads of Schools can complete the process.
The Indian School Certificate Examination is a registered trademark of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Compass Exams
- Congress Passes Veterans' Act Strengthening Education, Work-Study Benefits
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses