- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 279
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Accuracy vs. Precision in Chemistry: Definitions & Comparisons
Course SummaryLook through this course as you prepare to take the ISC examination in the elective subject of chemistry. The chapters in this course mirror the subject areas covered on the exam, so you can be certain that our comprehensive study aid will go over exactly what you need to be ready by exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About this Course
Students getting ready to take the subject elective exam in chemistry on the Indian School Certificate (ISC) examination can benefit significantly by studying with our course of learning tools. The exam will ask you questions in 17 key areas of chemistry, and we have a full range of chapters that address each of these major areas. Furthermore, we also have chapters to get you ready for the practical work part of the exam. Study.com offers you this complete guide of materials that covers such topics as:
- Fundamental chemistry concepts
- Chemical bonding types
- Gas characteristics and colloid properties
- Chemical reaction rates, energy, and redox reactions
- Organic compounds
- The mechanisms of chemical reactions
- Chemistry in our everyday lives
- Molecular mass, solid-state structures, and chemical dynamics
- Ionic and chemical equilibria
- Electrochemistry and coordination compounds
- Transition, P-block, and inner-transition elements
- Halides, phenols, and alcohols
- Carbonyl and ether compounds
- Polymer fundamentals and biomolecule types
About the Exam
This secondary school level exam can be used for placement purposes for students who wish to go on to university. The ISC chemistry exam is actually only one part of the entire exam you will be taking. You are also required to take a compulsory English section exam, as well as a total of 3-5 subject elective exams. Eligibility criteria for the ISC exam includes meeting academic and attendance requirements.
This particular elective subject test includes two parts, and individuals are allowed a duration of three hours to complete each part. The first portion focuses on theory. The second portion includes questions about the practical side of chemistry, as well as project work questions and a project file. Question types vary throughout both sections. The exams are offered yearly and most major city centers have testing facilities.
For the entire ISC exam, you must pass the compulsory English section and at least three subject elective exam to receive pass certificates. If you pass one exam but less than a total of four exams, you can earn supplementary pass certificates.
Preparing & Registering for the ISC Chemistry Exam
Not only does Study.com offer you a full range of lessons to help you review and learn these important concepts in chemistry, but we also offer you useful assessment tools. Every lesson on our site has an attached quiz. The quizzes consist of at least five multiple-choice questions that challenge your knowledge about terms, definitions, practical applications, concepts, and more. Chapter exams are also available. By using our assessment tools now, you can gauge how ready you are to take the ISC exam in chemistry. Furthermore, you can pinpoint the areas in which you need to spend the most time studying.
Registration happens online through the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) website. Individuals must prove eligibility requirements are met prior to registering students for this exam. Registration fees must also be paid at the time of registration.
The Indian School Certificate (ISC) is a registered trademark of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Not Ready for a Real-Life Jurassic World? Study These Subjects to Prepare
- 5 Elective Courses Colleges Really Need
- Online Training Programs in Fraud Examination with Course Info
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- First Aid Courses in NY with School Overviews
- Online First Aid Courses Overview
- Claims Examiner Courses and Classes Overview
- Medical Examiner Courses and Classes Overview
- Title Examiner Courses and Classes Overview
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses