- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 88
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Economic Activity: Definition & Examples
Course SummaryThis comprehensive study guide has been designed to help you review general and Indian-based business practices and theories. The information contained in this course can help you prepare for taking the Indian School Certificate (ISC) Commerce exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
From commercial and business organizations in India to types of trade and financing, this course will help you develop a deeper understanding of business functions and management practices. Some lessons focus on Indian business structures and activities, Indian marketing strategies and the Indian stock exchange. You will also study facts about foreign trade, business modes, risk management, business environments and management theories. All of the subjects covered in this guide appear on the ISC Commerce exam.
About the Exam
Compulsory and elective Indian School Certificate exams are administered to Grade 12 students in India once they have completed two years of studies following their Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ISCE) Year 10 exam. The ISC Commerce exam is one of the required 3-5 elective exams students can choose to take. The paper-based exam consists of two sections: the first is a 10-part question and the second consists of eight three-part questions, of which students must choose five to answer. The maximum marks one can achieve in this exam is 80 (20 marks in Section I and 60 marks in Section II). Students have three hours to complete this exam. To pass this and other ISC Commerce exams, students must attain 33% marks.
ISC Commerce Preparation & Registration
Using this resource, you can review what you might already know or learn new facts about business-related topics to help you prepare for the ISC Commerce exam. You will have the opportunity to build a stronger understanding of business entities and activities in India, covering economics, trade, business documentation, partnerships and industry classifications. Other lessons address securities and investments in India, the Indian stock market, and marketing and consumerism in India. General business topics are discussed in the remaining lessons, and they address business ethics, social responsibility, the development of e-commerce and outsourcing, retailing and wholesaling, internal and external trade, financial planning and management functions. Short video and text lessons take only 5-10 minutes to review and are accessible 24/7 on any device, so you can study at your convenience. Self-assessment quizzes help you gauge how much you have retained from each lesson and your readiness in moving from one topic to the next.
There is no formal registration process to complete for taking ISC exams. All grade 12 students must take these exams and must only meet the eligibility requirement of completing grades 11 and 12 studies and having taken the year 10 exam.
The ISC Psychology exam is conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Indiana Cosmetology Schools with Course and Degree Information
- Guide to Online High Schools for Indiana Students
- Top School in Indianapolis for Animal Health Courses
- Top Schools for Business and Commerce
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Dental Hygiene Schools in Indiana with Course Descriptions
- Indiana Medical Schools with Course and Degree Overviews
- Indiana Paramedic Schools with Course Descriptions
- Top School in Indianapolis for Interior Design Courses
- Top School in Indianapolis for Operations Management Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses