- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 213
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Psychology?
Course SummaryAccess this extensive study guide if you are seeking to review information about psychology theories, disorders, testingmethods and more. This course is designed to help you study details about topics you can expect to encounter when taking the Indian School Certificate (ISC) Psychology exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
You can use this course to further develop your understanding of material you will be tested on when you take the ISC Psychology exam. You will review psychological terms and practices relating to emotions, learning, personality, social development, creativity, intelligence, memory and perception. You will also study abnormal psychology topics, psychological disorders and the applications of psychology theories and approaches.
About the Exam
Grade 12 students in India must take Indian School Certificate exams after successfully taking the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ISCE) Year 10 exam and completing two years of studies following that exam. The Psychology exam is an elective, paper-based exam that consists of two parts: a 10-part question in Section I and eight 2-part questions in Section II. Students select five of the eight questions in Section II. Students are allotted three hours to complete this exam and must attain 33% marks to pass the ISC Psychology and all other ISC exams.
ISC Psychology Preparation & Registration
Refer to this helpful resource to support what you might already know or learn new facts about introductory and more advanced topics in psychology as you prepare for the ISC Psychology exam. You will review a definition of psychology, psychological research methodologies and study statistics. Individual lessons focus on psychological views and approaches to behavior, emotions, cognitive functions and personality traits and development. You will have the opportunity to build a deeper understanding of personality and intelligence testing in addition to therapeutic options, social behavior and stress management. Brief video and test lessons are easily accessible 24/7 and lesson transcripts are also printable for quick reference purposes. Taking self-assessment quizzes at the end of each lesson will help to measure how much you know and how prepared you are to sit for the ISC Psychology exam.
ISC exams are administered to all Grade 12 Indian students; thus, there is no formal registration process to complete. Students need only meet the eligibility requirements of completing the Year 10 exam and completing two years of studies through 11th and 12th grade to sit for ISC exams.
The ISC Psychology exam is conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- School Psychology Licensure Information
- Certificate in Counseling Psychology with Course Summaries
- Distance Learning Psychology Trade Schools with Course Information
- Engineering Psychology: Programs, Courses & Schools
- Psychology Schools in Delaware with Course Descriptions
- Abnormal Psychology Course and Class Information
- Clinical Psychology Class and Course Information
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Psychology Trade Schools with Program Information
- Certificate in Gender Studies: Program Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses