- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 74
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Strategies for Reading Comprehension
Course SummaryThis comprehensive study guide course prepares you for the ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 11+ English. These bite-sized lessons and quizzes help you quickly review the exam's topics and exercise the reading comprehension and writing skills you'll need in order to earn a high score.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
8 chapters in ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 11+ English: Study Guide & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This convenient and self-paced study guide course is designed to fully prepare you for the Independent Schools Examinations Board (ISEB) Common Entrance Exam at 11+ English. You'll be able to access short lessons and quizzes at any time to improve your reading and writing skills, study grammar rules and answer English composition practice questions. The course also includes chapter exams and a final assessment to help you evaluate your readiness to take the ISEB exam. The course covers the following topics:
- Reading comprehension
- Compositional styles and types
- Essay structure and composition
- How to write a book review
- Basic punctuation and grammar rules
- Types of sentences and synaptic structures
About the Exam
The ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 11+ English evaluates Year 6 students' reading comprehension and writing skills. This English assessment contains two papers, one for reading comprehension and one for composition. Both papers are worth 25 points, and students must complete each paper in 40 minutes, with an additional 5 minutes reading time for each.
ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 11+ English Preparation & Registration
We've closely aligned this course's lessons to the English subjects that appear on the ISEB exam. This way, you can quickly study only the information you'll need to know. Our expert instructors are available to answer your questions, and we've included printable lesson transcripts to supplement your studying experience. The course's quizzes, chapter exams and final assessment are included to help you get familiar with the types of questions you'll need to answer on the ISEB Common Entrance exam and make sure you're fully prepared.
ISEB Common Entrance at 11+ exams are administered twice a year and contain English, Math and Science papers. These tests are primarily used for entrance into senior independent girls schools in the UK. Upcoming test dates and applicable fees can be found on the ISEB website.
The ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 11+ English is administered by the ISEB Limited, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Study Shows Acting Can Help with Reading Comprehension
- Life Skills You'll Need in College That High School Didn't Teach You
- Reading Comprehension | A Guide for Teaching Reading
- Guided Reading Lesson Plans
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- Pay Attention in English Comp: 10 Ways You'll Use Writing in Your Career
- Overview of the Skills Needed to Become a Library Helper
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- English for Internet: Listening, Pronunciation, Reading, and Writing
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Draftsman Training
- Bicycle Technician Career Information About Becoming a Bicycle Technician
- Phd Vs Dba Salary
- English Literature Professor Job Description and Requirements for a Career As an English Lit Professor
- Aeronautic Engineering Job Description and Information About Starting a Career As an Aeronautic Engineer
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses