- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 101
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Atlases & Almanacs as Sources of Geographic Information
Course SummaryStrengthen your geography knowledge and boost your confidence as you study for the ISEB Common Entrance at 13+ Geography exam using this entertaining course. View fun lessons to learn more about important geography concepts, and take practice quizzes and exams to test your knowledge of these concepts.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
12 chapters in ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 13+ Geography: Study Guide & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The study resources in this online course simplify your preparations for the ISEB Common Entrance at 13+ Geography exam. Top instructors have created short lessons you can use to learn more about the geography topics you could see on the exam. Each lesson features a short quiz designed to gauge your knowledge of the concepts it covers. Practice chapter exams and a course exam are also available to test your grasp of geography concepts. Once you've completed this course, you should fully comprehend the following:
- Important atlas skills and major cities of the world
- Facts and locations of world geography
- Skills needed for ordnance survey mapwork
- Geographic fieldwork and enquiry skills, including data collection and presentation
- Basics of earthquakes and volcanoes
- Facts about weather, climate, rivers and coasts
- Human populations and settlements
- Transportation and economic development
- Major cities and other geography of the British Isles
About the Exam
Students take Independent Schools Examinations Board (ISEB) Common Entrance examinations in an effort to gain entry to top independent schools in the United Kingdom and abroad. The ISEB Common Entrance at 13+ Geography exam assesses candidates' understanding of various geographical skills and their general knowledge of the world. This written examination consists of 80 marks and lasts 60 minutes. Exam sessions typically occur in November, January and May/June. While it is usually taken at a tutorial centre, private invigilators can also administer it under special circumstances.
Preparing & Registering for the ISEB Common Entrance at 13+ Geography Exam
Tailor your use of the resources in this course to your individual study needs. Review the lessons in any sequence and visit them as often as necessary to fully grasp geography concepts like tectonic plate movement, spatial perspective, coastal erosion and urban land development. Take multiple-choice lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final course exam to assess your knowledge of this course's contents and gauge your readiness to answer questions on the exam. If you need to clarify details presented in the lessons, be sure to send your questions to our experts.
Students who are attending independent prep schools in the United Kingdom or overseas are often entered to sit for the exam by their schools. If a school does not enter its students, parents can do so using a registration form available on the ISEB website. Parents who register their students independently must complete the registration form by the appropriate closing date.
ISEB is a registered trademark of ISEB Limited, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Online Geography Courses Overview
- Geography Course and Class Descriptions
- Masters Degree in Geography with Course Summaries
- Careers Involving Geography
- Careers in History and Geography
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- What's More Important To You: Education or Knowledge?
- Why Are American Students Failing at Geography?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses