- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 99
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Norman Conquest of England
Course SummaryThis extensive study guide is a tool you can use to review societal, cultural, political and religious facts about British history. Using this course is a quick and easy way you can review topics appearing on the Independent Schools Examination Board (ISEB) Common Entrance 13+ History exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
11 chapters in ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 13+ History: Study Guide & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is designed to cover British historical events and figures, from British industrialization to the Tudor Period. You will refer to lessons addressing kings, queens, peasants, religious figures, conflicts and reform. You can review details about the Crusades, the Black Death, medieval literature, revolutions, class systems, women's rights and more. Each of these topics is covered in the ISEB Common Entrance 13+ History exam.
About the Exam
Students in Year 8 typically take the ISEB Common Entrance 13+ History exam to determine if they can enter a senior independent school in the U.K. Exam sessions are in November, January and May/June. The History exam is a non-compulsory exam that students can choose from a wide range of subjects. Format of this exam can be online or paper-based, depending on the school, but most use the paper-based format. There are no set scoring standards for ISEB exams; scoring varies from school to school.
ISEB Common Entrance 13+ History Exam Preparation & Registration
You will find all topics covered in the ISEB Common Entrance 13+ History exam discussed in this course. Lessons will provide details about the Norman Conquest, 14th century peasant revolts, history of castles, the English Reformation, the English Civil War, the Crimean War and the American Revolution. You will find lessons devoted to such individuals as King Edward I, II and III, King Richard III, Queen Elizabeth I, Joan of Arc, John Bunyan, Robert Walpole and famous prime ministers. Also learn about Great Britain's industrialization, reformation and religious movements as well as British wars and political history.
Short video and text lessons take only 5-10 minutes to review and are accessible at any time, on any device. Self-assessment quizzes help you measure how much you know about each topic as you move through this course.
Students are typically registered to take ISEB exams by the prep school they are attending. If parents need to complete the registration process, registration forms are available for download on the ISEB website. Parents can send the completed form and a check for examination fees in the mail or email the form and pay by credit card via telephone.
The ISEB Common Entrance 13+ History exam is administered by the Independent Schools Examinations Board (ISEB), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- History Essay Topics for Teachers
- Top Schools for Cultural Studies
- Wedding Planner Courses Review
- Financial Examiner Course and Class Reviews
- British Cultural Studies PhD Program Information
- Is Studying History Still Important?
- Careers with a History and Politics Degree
- Seattle University: School Review
- Study Australian History: Degree Program and Course Information
- Study Civil Rights History: Course and Program Overviews
- Medical Receptionist Employment Info and Requirements for Medical Reception Careers
- Criminal Justice Certificate Programs in Tempe, AZ
- Accounting Degrees Top University with Degree Programs in Accounting - Philadelphia PA
- MRI Technician Job Duties and Information for Starting a Career As a MRI Technician
- Occupational Therapy Technician Career Information for Becoming an Occupation Therapist Tech
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses