- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 140
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Verbal Reasoning: Definition & Skills
This course can be found in: ISEE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 3 ISEE study guides, and 300+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryAccess this helpful test prep course at any time to prepare for the ISEE Middle Level exam. This mobile-friendly course offers simple lessons and interactive quizzes to help you review and master all of the information that could appear on the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If you are going to take the ISEE Middle Level exam in the near future, use this helpful test preparation course to get fully prepared. You'll find informative and entertaining lessons that address all of the academic skills you'll need to demonstrate on the exam, such as reading analysis, writing, proofreading, geometric transformations, data analysis, factoring and more. The course is entirely self-paced, and it's made up of short video lessons and fun practice quizzes that you can take whenever you have free time to study. We've also included an Ask the Expert feature that you can use if you have any questions about the ISEE exam material.
Check out our ISEE test prep materials! We've got ISEE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive ISEE study guides to help you study, ISEE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational ISEE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've crafted this course to correspond to the subjects that you'll likely encounter on the day of your ISEE exam. As you work through the course, you'll strengthen your skills in verbal and quantitative reasoning, essay writing, mathematics and more. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Use verbal reasoning skills
- Complete sentences
- Apply strategies for reading comprehension, interpretation and analysis
- Interpret narrative texts
- Proofread and write compelling essays
- Work with integer operations
- Interpret number properties and number theory
- Solve factoring problems
- Differentiate between decimals, fractions and percentages
- Explain fundamental geometry and algebra concepts
- Compare 2D and 3D figures
- Understand the basics of data analysis and probability
This course includes 132 lessons that are divided into 15 topical chapters. The bite-sized nature of the lessons helps you quickly move through the course content. When you finish a lesson, take the accompanying self-assessment quiz to see if you remember important terms and concepts. If you want to take notes or study offline, simply print out the word-for-word transcripts that come with the lessons.
ISEE Middle Level Exam Information
ISEE exams are admissions-based tests that are used by schools that are members of the Educational Records Bureau (ERB). The Middle Level exam is for students in grades 6 and 7 who are applying for admission into grades 7 or 8.
- Number of Questions: 161
- Question Types: Multiple-choice and essay
- Time Limit: 160 minutes
- Exam Cost: $190
ISEE Middle Level Exam Breakdown
|ISEE Middle Level Exam Concept||Percent of the ISEE Middle Level Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
ISEE Middle Level Exam Preparation & Registration
The lessons in this course are entertaining and concise. This simplified instructional approach helps you understand important definitions and move through the course quickly. The course can be taken from start to finish, or you can jump to the chapter topics you want to study using the course dashboard feature. You'll be able to revisit the lessons as many times as you need to, and each lesson comes with a printable lesson transcript that you can use to review the information offline. We've also included interactive lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final assessment to help reinforce the information you study.
The ISEE exams are offered in online and paper-pencil formats. There are multiple testing dates offered, and you can take the exam at Prometric testing centers, ISEE testing offices and ISEE test site schools. You can find up-to-date registration information in the ISEE Student Guide, and you may complete online registration on the official ISEE test website.
The ISEE Middle Level exam is a registered trademark of the Educational Records Bureau, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Software Testing Degree and Course Information
- ISEE Test Preparation & Resources
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- Test Prep
- What Are Some Courses that I Can Take to Help ME Prepare for Pilot Training?
- Online Interactive Advertising Course and Class Review
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Philosophy Masters Programs with Course Information
- Master Electrician Courses and Licensure Information
- Masters in Advertising Programs with Course Information
- Clinic Operations Manager Salary Job Description
- San Diego HVAC School
- BMW Specialist Job Description and Information About Becoming a BMW Mechanic BMW Technician or BMW Repair Specialist
- Executive MBA Programs in California
- Field Service Technician Job Description and Requirements for Becoming a Field Technician
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses