- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 84
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Java: Primitive Data Types
Course SummaryThis training and tutorial course covers the essentials of Java. Our expert instructors show you the basics of this programming language, including control statements, classes and operators, so you can more efficiently understand Java and develop a foundational Java skill set.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This training course teaches you the essentials of the Java programming language. Taught by expert Java instructors, the course contains short and engaging lessons that address specific components of the language, such as control statements, data types, loops and more. Each lesson highlights important definitions, and you can make sure you fully grasp the purposes and functions of these Java concepts by taking the included self-assessment quizzes. You can access the course material 24/7 on any computer or mobile device, which allows you to learn and study whenever it fits your schedule. This course can be an effective introduction to the programming language and help you lay the foundation for developing your Java programming skills.
After reviewing the lessons in this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand control statements in Java
- Differentiate between data types
- Define Java's variables and operators
- Use loops and arrays
- Identify classes, methods, objects and advanced data types
Java is a trademark of the Oracle Corporation, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Java Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Java Programming Course and Class Descriptions
- Java Instruction Training Programs and Requirements
- JAVA Programming: Online Diploma
- Java Course in New York with School and Program Overviews
- Java School and University Program Overviews
- How to Become a Java Certified Web Developer
- Java Programming Degree & Certificate Program Info
- Online Degrees in Java Programming: Program Options
- Masters Degree in Java Programming: Program Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses