- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 200
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Brain-Based Learning Activities
Course SummaryIt's easy to create engaging lesson plans, activities, school assemblies and more using this informative lesson planning course. Our professionally designed resources are accessible on any mobile phone, tablet or computer for convenient and flexible curriculum planning.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Use this engaging course to learn more about some of the effective lesson planning tools you can use to help make your lesson planning time simpler and more successful. In this course, you'll find lesson plan templates and examples that will help make your own planning time simpler, plus event and assembly ideas sure to make your group times successful. These resources provide professionally created, proven concepts and suggestions that really work in the classroom environment.
How It Works
Using both video and text formats, our lessons explain how to create successful lesson plans, engaging classroom activities and ideas for great events and field trips.
You'll find the following resources in this helpful chapter:
- Short, mobile-friendly lessons that thoroughly cover these subjects
- Lesson plan templates covering a variety of subjects
- Classroom assessment tools like bell ringers and exit slips to ensure your students understand what you're teaching
- Successful tips for helping events, field trips and assemblies run smoothly and work well
- Easy-to-use videos with tabs so you can jump to specific subjects you'd like to view
How It Helps
- Meets educational standards: You can feel confident that all the strategies and information presented here is designed to meet educational requirements in a structure that really works in the classroom.
- Simplifies planning process: When you use the templates and examples provided here, creating your own lesson plans and planning your own events is simpler, quicker and stress-free.
- Ensures comprehension: In addition to helping you plan your curriculum, the assessment tools for bell ringers and exit slips provided in this chapter give you fun ways to ensure that your students understand what they're learning about in class.
After you've completed this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Integrate helpful resources into your curriculum
- Use these lesson plan templates to create your own plans
- Assign exit slip and bell ringer assessments to your students to check their comprehension
- Utilize rubrics to communicate expectations to students and ensure consistent scoring
- Plan successful field trips, events and school assemblies
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- ESL Lesson Plans
- These 5 Lesson Plans Will Get Kids Excited About the New School Year
- List of Top Urban Design and Planning Schools and Colleges
- Planning your Career? Explore Career Resources
- Schools for Event Planning in the U.S.
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses