- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 86
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Whole Life Insurance? - Definition & Types
Course SummaryStrengthen your preparations for the Life & Health Insurance exam by taking advantage of the resources in this online course. By utilizing these engaging lessons, self-assessment quizzes, practice exams and other resources, you can become fully prepared and confident for the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course provides a comprehensive overview of concepts you could see on the Life & Health Insurance exam. Developed by top instructors, engaging lessons closely examine life insurance policies, policy riders, social insurance programs, insurance applications and much more. Each lesson is accompanied by a short quiz that you can use to test your comprehension of the concepts covered. This study tool can enhance your knowledge of the following topics:
- Life insurance policy types
- Insurance policy riders, exclusions, options and provisions
- Retirement, taxes and additional insurance concepts
- Types of disability insurance policies
- Basics of health insurance policies and the role of the government
- Health insurance policy revisions
- Types of social insurance programs
- Rights and benefits of health insurance
- Insurance applications and the underwriting process
- Laws for insurance contracts
About the Exam
The Life & Health Insurance Exam is offered through the Texas Department of Insurance for individuals interested in obtaining an insurance license in the state. This general knowledge exam assesses candidates' comprehension of products, terms and concepts related to life and health insurance. Candidates are required to answer 100 scored multiple-choice questions and 20 pretest questions that are not scored. The Texas Department of Insurance determines passing scores for the exam. Official score reports are given to candidates prior to leaving the testing center.
Preparing & Registering for the Life & Health Insurance Exam
Use the resources in this course to simplify your preparations for the Life & Health Insurance exam. Review any lessons within any chapters based on your current and desired life and health insurance knowledge. Access the lessons anytime 24/7, and visit them as many times as you'd like. This flexibility can help you better understand annuities, key person insurance, COBRA, flexible spending accounts, Medicaid, workers compensation and much more. If you have questions about specific lesson topics, feel free to send them to our experts. Use lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a course exam to gauge your readiness to take the test.
Candidates are recommended to make their exam reservations online or by phone with Pearson VUE at least 24 hours prior to their desired exam date. Please note that individuals interested in obtaining an insurance license in Texas are required to get fingerprinted and submit a license application in addition to taking and passing the test. On the day of the exam, you should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your testing time and bring two current forms of signature identification. Late arrival could result in losing your examination fee. If you need to reschedule, you should do so at least 48 hours prior to your exam day.
Texas Department of Insurance Licensing exams are administered by Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Free Online Appraiser Licensing Exam Preparation Information
- Compass Exams
- GED Algebra Exam: Training and Preparation Information
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- What Is the Exam Procedure for an Online Degree Program?
- Advantages of Taking an Online Course Video
- Measured Progress Exams
- List of Free Online Computer Science Courses and Classes
- Master's Degree Program in Digital Media
- Permit Expeditor Employment Info and Requirements for Becoming a Permit Expeditor
- Online Masters of Nursing Education Degree Programs
- Electromechanical Instrumentation Engineer Requirements for a Career in Electromechanical Technology
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses