- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 114
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Yann Martel: Biography, Books & Quotes
Course SummaryThe ''Life of Pi'' Study Guide course is the most efficient way to study all aspects of this novel. This course promotes a comprehensive approach to the novel, so every one of the chapters available in this course can be used for help with homework assignments, school projects, and even for test prep.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help reviewing Life of Pi material quickly will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Need an efficient way to learn modern literature
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Want an organized resource to help study for an exam
- Feel overwhelmed trying to memorize large amounts of information
- Struggle to identify the most important facts in your English class
How It Works:
- Complete all lessons in the course to learn important information.
- Review lessons as needed to strengthen your comprehension.
- Refer to the important lesson topics to reinforce your learning.
- Test your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Review only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Life of Pi Study Guide final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
As you make your way through this course, you will cover the following major topics:
- Historical context of the novel
- Literary analysis of the text
- Literary context of Life of Pi
- Imagery and symbolism in the novel
- Literary devices used in the story
- Description of characters in the text
- Major thematic quotes
- Quotes connected to main characters
- Chapter-by-chapter summaries
- Teaching strategies for approaching the novel
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Overview of Legal Studies Courses
- Online Courses in International Studies with School Info
- Online Novel and Essay Writing Courses and Classes
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Courses in Cybercrime Studies: Detailed Course Descriptions
- Iridology Home Study Course and Class Descriptions
- Online Courses and Classes in Recreation Studies
- Online Courses and Classes in Family Studies
- Biopsychology Studies: Degree and Course Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses