- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 31
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Rib Cage Lesson for Kids: Anatomy & Facts
Course SummaryThis engaging online course makes studying the basics of life science fun. Help young students prepare for a test, understand an assignment or complete a project focused on life science by presenting them with a variety of bite-sized lessons, brief quizzes and practice exams.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Elementary school students can study various aspects of life science in the classroom, at home or on the go with help from this self-paced course. Our instructors have created short lessons designed with young students in mind to help them better understand important life science topics. This course also features multiple-choice quizzes and practice exams that can gauge how well students understand the lessons.
How It Works
- Engaging lessons closely analyze life science basics in a manner that is easy for elementary students to grasp.
- Multiple-choice quizzes can help you find out how well students comprehend topics covered in each lesson.
- Practice exams assess students' understanding of each chapter and the entire course.
- Mobile features enable students to access lessons, quizzes and other learning and study tools using any tablet or smartphone with an Internet connection.
- Around-the-clock access to this course allows students to study anytime their schedules permit.
Using the Course
This course offers a user-friendly experience to students who need help comprehending life science concepts. Make sure students get the greatest benefit from this course by sharing lessons, quizzes and exams until all concepts are understood. Our subject-matter experts can answer any questions students have about topics covered in this course. Since no lessons link out to external websites, young students are able to study in a secure online environment.
Some ways parents and teachers can benefit from this course include:
- To help students prepare for a life science exam
- To ensure students understand an assignment focused on life science
- To tutor students who need help catching up on life science basics
- To reacquaint students with individual life science topics
- Skeletal system
- Additional life science topics!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Online Life Science Courses, Classes and Training Programs
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Biology & Life Science Careers
- Life Sciences Schools in Oklahoma with Course and Program Info
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Sciences
- Online Courses and Classes in Political Science
- Online Courses and Classes in Applied Science
- Life Science Jobs: Options and Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses