- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 149
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Home Safety Lesson Plan
Course SummaryThis course provides you effective tools to create custom lessons plans for teaching life skills. Video lessons and quizzes help you explore important topics while providing guidelines for group and individual activities to engage and entertain your students.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
From communicating effectively to building strong social skills, our lesson plans will help you teach your students the life skills they will need as they progress throughout their academic careers and beyond. Activities are designed to increase student participation in the classroom and to present the material in a memorable and interactive manner.
How It Works
Depending on the individual chapters that comprise this course, you can use these tools to have your students watch short videos, facilitate class discussions or employ the in-class activities suggested in the lesson plans. You might also use these lesson plans to review the material as you prepare to teach these topics to your class.
This course includes:
- Engaging videos accessible from any device
- Short, printable lesson transcripts
- Text displaying easy language and examples to fully illustrate each lesson plan
- Self-assessment quizzes that help you gauge your knowledge of the topics addressed in each lesson
- Opportunities to contact instructors online with any questions you might have about this course
How It Helps
- Outlines effective lesson plans: Chapters within this course provide details about developing lesson plans you can use in your classroom.
- Satisfies curriculum standards: Each lesson plan adheres to the guidelines for these topics as addressed by Common Core standards.
- Improves student attention and comprehension: Fun activities hold the attention of your students and are designed to help them learn in a more interactive environment.
|Safety Lesson Plans||Instructional suggestions for teaching students about personal safety as well as safety in school and other environments|
|Responsibility & Critical Thinking Lesson Plans||Explore creative ways to help students develop critical thinking skills and assume responsibility for their actions and decisions|
|Career Prep Lesson Plans||Guide students through the career preparation process, from choosing a career to satisfying academic and other requirements|
|Personal Money Management Lesson Plans||Use activities to help students understand the importance of and how to save and invest money|
|Character Education Lesson Plans||Organize plans and activities that teach students the aspects of good character|
|Types of Communication Lesson Plans||Support the teaching of oral and written communication skills with lesson plans, videos and group activities|
|Technology Lesson Plans||Increase students' understanding of various technological uses and devices|
|Social Skills Lesson Plans||Employ lesson plans and suggested activities to help students understand proper social behavior|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Use Pop Culture in Your Lessons to Engage Students
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- Biology Lesson Plans: Physiology, Mitosis, Metric System Video Lessons
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- List of Free Online Art Courses, Lessons and Tutorials
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses