- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 116
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Continuous & Non-Continuous Texts: Definitions, Comparison & Examples
Course SummaryRefer to this extensive study guide to review general literacy and math topics, from algebra basics to writing skills development. This course is designed as a simple way you can go over information you would need to know when sitting for the Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
13 chapters in Literacy & Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education: Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this course, you will have the opportunity to review details you would be tested on when taking the Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education. Literacy topics include literary analysis, grammar and punctuation, text types, vocabulary and reading interpretation. Lessons covering numeracy address numbers, ratios, percents, statistics and basic geometry and algebra. The material is presented in an easy-to-follow manner to ensure your full understanding before taking this test.
About the Exam
The Literacy and Numeracy Test of Initial Teacher Education is used in Australia to assess necessary abilities of aspiring teachers in the areas of literacy and math. The test is entirely computer-based and contains 130 questions, split evenly between literacy and numeracy topics. An online calculator is available for 52 of the 65 numeracy questions. Test takers will have two hours for each section of the exam. To pass this exam, candidates must show that their knowledge of this material is equal to the top 30% of all adults.
Literacy & Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Preparation & Registration
This course addresses all of the content areas covered in each section of the Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education. Literacy lessons discuss different types of essays, reading to assess and retrieve information, analyzing and understanding a reading selection, literary analysis methods, structuring and organizing an essay, word choice and meaning, and grammar and punctuation rules. Lessons in numeracy will help you better understand concepts relating to algebraic expressions, calculating percentages, using fractions and decimals, budgeting and money management, estimating, data interpretation and measurements. Each video or test lesson requires only 5-10 minutes for review and contain brief self-assessment quizzes so you can determine how much you know and whether you need to continue reviewing. Lessons are accessible 24/7 from any device so you can fit your studies into any schedule.
Registration for this test can be completed through the online process available on the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) website. You can elect to take the test at a test center or through remote proctoring when registering. Registration must be made separately for both components of this exam. Payment of exam fees are paid by credit card online during the registration process. Once you have registered, you will be sent a confirmation email along with instructions on how to access your admission ticket.
The Literacy & Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education is administered by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Overview of Classes for Adult Literacy Teachers
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Understanding Money: Study Examines the Effectiveness of Financial Literacy Education
- Master of Literacy Education: Degree Overview
- What You Need to Know About Teacher Certification Reciprocity
- How Much Education Do You Need to Be a Teacher?
- Adult Computer Literacy Teacher Job Info
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Social Studies Essay Topics for Teachers
- Ph.D. in Literacy Education: Degree Program Info
- IT Degrees Top Rated School with Degrees in Information Technology - Tampa FL
- Top Ranked School for a Masters Degree in Public Administration - Chesapeake VA
- Systems Engineering Degree Top School for Becoming a Systems Engineer - Westminster CO
- Atlanta Georgia and Master Programs
- MIS Classes Top College with Programs in MIS and Technical Management - Westminster CO
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses