Course SummaryThis online teacher resource collection helps instructors create lesson plans and class activities on the fundamentals of literary analysis. The course offers lesson plan outlines, activities and games that you can easily integrate into your literature curricula.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This course is designed to help educators create effective and strategic literary analysis lesson plans for their English classes. Topics covered include literary elements, figurative language, reading comprehension and much more. Video lessons are generally less than 10-minutes long, so teachers can be confident that they can quickly learn and apply the material to their English curricula.
How It Works
Study short video and text lessons that cover the essentials of teaching literary analysis. You can check your understanding of the lesson concepts with interactive lesson and chapter quizzes. These resources are available to access on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
The course includes:
- Engaging video lessons designed to help you effectively teach literary analysis to your students
- Easy-to-navigate timelines in each video to help you seamlessly jump to specific topics
- Printable lesson transcripts
- Interactive lesson quizzes and chapter exams designed to solidify teachers' literary analysis knowledge
- A final exam to make sure teachers are ready to apply their lesson plans and activities in their classrooms
How It Helps
- Details helpful strategies: Concise video lessons help teachers create and teach lesson plans covering literary analysis.
- Improves student engagement: Using this course can help teachers plan fun classroom activities or games to help students better understand literature concepts.
- Meets curriculum standards: These lessons cover the essential elements of literary analysis that meet English course standards.
|Literary Elements Lesson Plans||Types of literary elements|
Lesson plans for plot, dialogue, structure and the parts of a book
Short story lesson plans
|Theme & Central Idea Lesson Plans||Finding and interpreting a story's main idea|
Understanding theme and author's purpose
|Character & Point of View Lesson Plans||Character analysis|
Characterization in literature
Lesson plans covering character traits and point of view
|Understanding Figurative Language Lesson Plans||Defining figurative language|
Comparing metaphors and similes
Plan lessons covering hyperbole, symbolism, idioms and onomatopoeia
Explore personification and alliteration
|Reading Comprehension Lesson Plans||How to improve reading comprehension|
Making predictions using prior knowledge
Lesson plan for comparing and contrasting
Understanding inference, sequence of events and context clues
|Reading Comprehension Games & Activities||Preschool and kindergarten reading activities/games|
Reading activities for small groups
Guided reading activities
Holiday reading activities
|Literary Techniques Lesson Plans||Analogies in literature|
Understanding irony and satire
Allegory lesson plans
Activities using idioms
|Nonfiction Lesson Plans||Biographies and autobiographies|
Preamble lesson plans
Understanding text features for nonfiction
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Distance Education Courses That Can Help Teachers Relocate Easily
- Online Activities Director Classes and Courses Overview
- Online CPR Instructor Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Convention Planning Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Event Planning Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Typing Class, Lesson and Course Overviews
- Online Sign Language Lessons, Classes and Courses
- Cosmetology Instructor Courses and Classes
- Online English Literature Courses and Classes
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses