- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 91
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Who Wrote Lord of the Flies? - William Golding Biography & Works
Course SummaryIf you would like to know more about the events, characters and setting of ''Lord of the Flies,'' look no further than this easy-to-follow study guide. This course makes it easy to study for class or prepare for an exam using a simple and fun video format. The video lessons are about five minutes long each, and they're paired with practice quizzes to test and reinforce the information you've just learned.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help reviewing Lord of the Flies quickly will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Need an efficient way to learn about Lord of the Flies
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Want an organized resource to help study for an exam
- Feel overwhelmed trying to memorize large amounts of information
- Struggle to identify the most important details of Lord of the Flies in your English class
How It Works:
- Watch all the fun videos in the course to learn important information.
- Review lessons as needed to strengthen your comprehension.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Review only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Lord of the Flies final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll cover these key topics:
- Historical and literary context of Lord of the Flies
- Literary analysis and criticism of the novel
- Significance of the literary devices used in Lord of the Flies
- Golding's use of symbols and symbolism
- Key vocabulary in Lord of the Flies
- Concepts of power, civilization, and loss of innocence in the novel
- Characters in Lord of the Flies
- Important quotes from the book
- Summaries of each chapter of Lord of the Flies
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Global Studies Videos
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Fun and Easy Ways to Incorporate More Reading Into Your Classroom
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses