- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 166
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Real Property and Personal Property: Definition and Differences
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 100+ Real Estate study guides, and 1,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis comprehensive course will prep you for the Louisiana Estate Broker exam. Our interactive tools will allow you to take a deep dive into the exam topics and work at your own pace. Plus you can study the lessons and take practice quizzes as much as you need!
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Getting ready for the Louisiana Real Estate Broker exam can be exciting and nerve-wracking! But with our test prep course, which provides video lessons and practice quizzes on both general real estate knowledge and that specific to Louisiana, you'll have everything you need to be successful. Louisiana requires any real estate professional who wishes to practice as a broker (and has met the necessary requirements) to pass this exam. The topics covered within this course include, but are not limited to, land use regulations, liens and encumbrances, property valuation and appraisals, agency relationships and agreements, and types of property ownership.
Check out our real estate test prep materials! We've got comprehensive real estate study guides to help you study, real estate practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational real estate resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the Louisiana Real Estate Broker exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the PSI Services LLC. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- General real estate concepts, such as property characteristics and valuation techniques
- Louisiana real estate licensing and brokerage laws
- Land use regulations and controls
- Water, mineral, and air rights as related to real estate
- Real estate financing concepts, including types of loans and the underwriting process
- Agency relationships in Louisiana
- Real estate transactions, sales contracts, and title transfers
- Property management, including leasing and disclosure procedures
- Real estate practices, including liens and encumbrances
This course is made up of 20 chapters based on the real estate topics, both general and Louisiana specific, that will be covered on the exam. We have included challenge exams, practice quizzes and study guides for more comprehensive learning.
Louisiana Real Estate Broker Exam Information
In order to pass this exam, you must obtain a score of at least 60% on general real estate concepts and at least 40% on state-specific laws and regulations.
- Number of Questions: 130
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: Exam - $85; License - $165
Louisiana Real Estate Broker Exam Breakdown
|Louisiana Real Estate Broker Exam Concept||Percentage of Louisiana Real Estate Broker Concepts||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Property Ownership||10%||8 questions|
|Land Use Controls and Regulations||5%||4 questions|
|Valuation and Market Analysis||7%||5 questions|
|General Principles of agency||11%||8 questions|
|Property Disclosures||7%||5 questions|
|Leasing and Property Management||5%||4 questions|
|Transfer of Title||7%||5 questions|
|Practice of Real Estate||14%||11 questions|
|Real Estate Calculations||8%||6 questions|
Preparing and Registering for the Louisiana Real Estate Broker Exam
Before you can be eligible to take the Louisiana Real Estate Broker Exam, you need to have worked as a sales associate for at least 4 years in Louisiana or 2 years in another state. In addition, applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and have completed 150 hours of real estate courses. Once you have met these requirements you can register for the Louisiana Real Estate Broker exam at www.psiexams.com.
Prior to registering for the exam, we highly recommend you take our course in preparation, which covers all of the topics that you will be tested on. Additionally, the video lessons, corresponding transcripts and practice assessments are designed to help you fully understand the content before taking the exam.
The Louisiana Real Estate Broker Exam is a registered trademark of PSI Services LLC, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Free Online Appraiser Licensing Exam Preparation Information
- How to Become a Broker Online
- Online Test Prep Options for the GED Test
- Do Psychology Major Students Take the Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP)?
- GED at Home: Home Study GED Options
- Online Mortgage Broker Licensing and Training Information
- Can Medical Assistants Take the LPN Exam?
- Can I Take Microsoft Certification Exams Online?
- How Do I Take Microsoft Certification Exams?
- What Are Some Exams that Registered Nurses Take?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses