- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 16
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Business Ethics in Contemporary Businesses
Course SummaryThis corporate training course helps your employees understand the principles involved in making legal and ethical business decisions. Video lessons and interactive quizzes cover key topics, allowing employees to make ethical decisions for your company.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
We often hear about business ethics, but it is not always easy to define. Our engaging video lessons analyze theories and standards in business ethics, define ethical decision making, and provide real world examples to give your employees a fundamental understanding of ethics when making business decisions.
How It Works
This course offers a number of features to make it easy for your employees to develop a working knowledge of ethics in business decisions. Each lesson is about five minutes long. They can be watched sequentially in a corporate training session or one at a time on a desktop, laptop or mobile device.
Other helpful training features include:
- Engaging visuals and compelling presentations taught by experienced instructors
- Lesson quizzes give employees the opportunity to check how well they grasped the business ethics materials
- Each chapter includes an exam that tests comprehension of the chapter's major concepts
- A final exam offers a convenient method for you to gauge employees' understanding of the key points of legal and ethical business decisions examined in this course
How It Helps
- Contributes to better business decisions: The lessons in this course help employees develop a better understanding of ethical behavior in business, which in turn will improve their ability to make sound business decisions.
- Highlights ethical reasoning: This course shows why ethical considerations, including those spelled out in a code of ethics, should underlie all employee actions and can help reduce misconduct.
- Emphasizes a shared set of business values: These lessons offer your employees the opportunity to learn about business ethics together and develop a shared set of values, particularly when it comes to making business decisions.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Theories & Standards of Business Ethics||Learn how to define ethics and explore their application in today's business world, about sources of ethical standards, and reasons for creating a business code of ethics.|
|Decision Making in Business Ethics||Find out about various frameworks and approaches to ethical decision making as well as analyze the ethical and legal perspectives of business decisions.|
|Business Ethics in Practice||Examine the five types of ethical climates that can exist in an organization, comparisons between workplace ethics and the law, and the difficulties of making ethical decisions that fairly impact all stakeholders.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Ethical Hacker: Courses, Training & Certification
- To MBA or Not to MBA: A Business Decision Video
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How the New Net-Cost Calculator Can Help Students Make Their College Decisions
- 3 Soft Skills That You Should Make Sure All New Employees Have
- 4 Signs Your Employees Are Bored By Your Training Program & How to Engage Them
- How to Make the Open Enrollment Process Smoother - For You and Your Employees
- Legal Secretary Training Programs and Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses