- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 141
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Management in Organizations: Top, Middle & Low-Level Managers
Course SummaryTake Management for Teachers to earn 3 college credits to apply toward your licensure renewal requirements. Learn with fun and engaging business video lessons that you can watch around your teaching schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your business teaching license with Management for Teachers. Brush up on management topics so you can better teach human resource management, supervision principles, and other business topics. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn business credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about management theories and leadership skills.
- Check your knowledge of things like human resources and workplace communication with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert business instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the CLEP Management exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. CLEP credits are accepted by over 2,900 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Management for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Business and marketing teachers who want to brush up on management principles
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging management videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a management unit or course
- Aspiring business teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make management principles easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert business instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review management terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn business credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Supervision Principles for Teachers, Marketing for Teachers, and Quantitative Analysis for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in management as well as business ethics, organizational behavior, marketing, and other business topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clinking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Management for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Assignment||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1|| Chapter 1|
| Management Basics (managerial skills, Henry Mintzberg's managerial roles, four functions of management)|
Classical School of Management Theory (bureaucracy, Gantt charts and bar graphs, classical administrative school of management)
|Day 2|| Chapter 3|
| Behavioral School of Management Theory (neoclassical theory of management, the Hawthorne effect, the needs theory)|
Contemporary and Future School of Management Theory (modern theory of management, operations management, management information systems, contingency school of management)
|Day 3|| Chapter 5|
| Planning in Organizations (types of planning, SWOT analysis, company mission statements)|
Organizational Change (types of internal organizational change, the planned change process, Lewin's 3-stage model of change, Kotter's 8-step change model)
|Day 4||Chapter 7||Organizing in Business Management (organizational design and structure, work specialization in organizations, authority in centralized and decentralized organizations)|
|Day 5||Chapter 8||Work Teams (types of work teams, stages of group development, groupthink, team conflict and the work process)|
|Day 6||Chapter 9||Leading in Organizations (management vs. leadership, the transformational leader, the servant leader, the charismatic leader, the bureaucratic leader, personal power)|
|Day 7||Chapter 10||Leadership Theory (the path-goal theory, Machiavellianism in organizations, Fiedler's contingency theory)|
|Day 8||Chapter 11||Motivation in the Workplace (motivation theory, the Pygmalion effect, acquired needs theory, equity theory of motivation, reward systems, job flexibility)|
|Day 9||Chapter 12||Communication in the Workplace (managerial communication, types of communication, conflict resolution, mediation and arbitration)|
|Day 10||Chapter 13||Controlling in Organizations (organizational controls, budget controls, marketing controls)|
|Day 11||Chapter 14||Human Resources (human resource management, the hiring process, types of employee training programs, collective bargaining)|
|Day 12|| Chapter 15|
| Strategic Management and Managerial Decisions (decision making process for organizations, business environments, quantitative decision making tools, PERT analysis)|
Production and Quality Assurance (role of managers, five principles of total quality management, ISO 9000 certification)
|Day 13||Chapter 17||International Management and Contemporary Issues (globalization of business, regional integration, Hofstede's cultural dimensions theory, social responsibility in organizations)|
|Day 14||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for management|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- North Dakota Teacher Licensure Renewal
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Teacher Certification Video: Earning a Teaching Certification or Teaching Credential
- Ohio Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Louisiana Teaching Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Minnesota Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Nebraska Teacher Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Kansas Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Colorado Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Iowa Teacher License Renewal Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses