- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 21
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Advantages of Virtual Teams
Course SummaryBusiness globalization has led to the need for virtual team building. Use this short training course to help your managers learn how to lead a virtual team and understand issues in the areas of communication, discipline, scheduling, performance evaluation.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The lessons in this course are divided into chapters covering topics related to the benefits and disadvantages of virtual teams, communication in a virtual team setting and how to motivate team members. Each lesson is taught by business experts, and your managers can contact the instructor if they have additional questions about managing virtual teams.
How It Works
You can use this course in a group corporate training session or ask your managers to watch the lessons individually on a computer or mobile device. Group training has the advantage of promoting discussions, while individual study lets your managers watch as their schedules allow.
Features of this course include:
- Video lessons that, although only about five minutes in length, explain important considerations for working with virtual teams
- Lesson quizzes that allow your supervisors to gauge their learning about managing a virtual team
- Chapter exams covering key topics and concepts
- A comprehensive final exam that verifies knowledge of all the material in this series of lessons
How It Helps
- Defines virtual team: These lessons explain what a virtual team is and examine the advantages and disadvantages of collaborating remotely so your employees can decide if this is a good option for your company.
- Promotes communication: By watching the lessons in this course, your managers will learn why communication is especially important for a virtual team. They will also discuss methods of communication and see which is best suited for their team.
- Trains managers: Your managers will get information on choosing team members, the challenges of leading a virtual team and how to handle performance issues with a virtual team member.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Strategies for Managing Virtual Teams||Explore the advantages of a virtual team, see how to organize a virtual team and get tips for leadership.|
|Communication & Collaboration in Virtual Teams||Learn about the importance of communication, tools for sharing information and why video conferencing can be valuable.|
|Motivating & Evaluating Virtual Teams||Examine ways to motivate, evaluate and handle job performance issues with members of your virtual team.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Team Building Courses and Classes Overview
- Virtual Biology Training: How Does IT Work?
- Team Lead Vs. Technical Lead
- How Virtual Instruction Can Help Alternative Learning Groups
- New to Virtual Classrooms? Here's What You Need to Know
- No Art History? No Problem: High Schools Share Courses with the Jesuit Virtual Learning Academy
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses