- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 13
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Global Perspective of Management: Definition & Concept
Course SummaryUse our brief video lessons to help your employees understand the opportunities and challenges of managing in today's global environment. Your managers can employ their new skills to successfully manage your company's global aspirations.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Today's managers need to move beyond a local mindset and develop skills to do business internationally and supervise a culturally-diverse workforce. Often used as part of a corporate training program, these lessons explain how your managers can adapt traditional management skills to international business and learn new methods of working in a global market. Short quizzes at the end of each lesson let you assess their knowledge.
This is an HR Certification Institute approved course, allowing you to earn continuing education credit through HRCI. This course is eligible for 2 credit hours (global credit type).
How It Works
Managers can watch these short videos as their schedules permit, on a computer, phone or tablet. Your company can also use our lessons and quizzes as part of group training, allowing managers to discuss the topics and share ideas.
Features that make this course easy to use include:
- Enjoyable video lessons that use real world examples to clarify their points
- Written transcripts that allow your managers to read along with the instructor
- Lesson quizzes that let you assess your employees' knowledge of the global business environment and discuss study topics with other managers
- A chapter exam that covers issues of doing business globally
- A chapter exam that looks at what managers should know about global business
- A final exam that helps you gauge comprehension of all the material covered in these lessons
How It Helps
- Emphasizes the importance of the global market: These lessons illustrate why global trade is vital to fulfilling the needs of our society.
- Offers tips on management: Adapting accepted management practices to a global marketplace enables managers to help your company better function in the international marketplace.
- Provides guidance on staffing: Managers can learn various staffing approaches and what it takes to manage a diverse workforce.
- Explains ethical issues: Difficulties such as environmental pollution and corruption can be problems in international business, and your managers will get information on recognizing and preventing these issues.
Elements of the Global Business Environment
- Definition of the global market
- Why international trade is vital
- Business-government collaboration
- How globalization has influenced operations and supply chain management
- Ethical issues in global business
Considerations for Managing a Global Business
- How to adapt management skills for the global market
- Management tactics unique to international business
- Approaches to global staffing
- Management of a diverse workforce
- Diversity training for global organizations
- Hofstede's Cultural Dimensions Theory
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses