- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 83
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
Course SummaryWhether you want to supplement what you're learning in class or learn something new about marketing, our Marketing 101 course can help. Test your understanding of the lesson material or prepare for an upcoming test by taking the multiple-choice quizzes.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Get a thorough overview of marketing principles and applications through Marketing 101: Intro to Marketing. Our knowledgeable marketing instructors have compiled a series of brief but absorbing video lessons and self-assessment quizzes that will help you comprehend strategic marketing, the marketing mix and consumer psychology, among other topics.
|Marketing Philosophies||Learn about principles of marketing, market vs. sales orientation, marketing ethics and corporate social responsibility.|
|Competitive Advantage||Find out how to develop a business mission statement, learn about types of competitive advantage, SWOT, and the marketing mix.|
|The Marketing Environment||Examine external influences on marketing strategy, the role of technology and the impacts of the political and legal climate on marketing.|
|International Marketplace||Discover the importance of global marketing strategy, e-commerce on an international scale and how to break into foreign markets.|
|Consumer Decision Making||Study the consumer decision making process, consumer psychology and cognitive dissonance. Learn about brand familiarity and the purchase process, and types of consumer buying decisions.|
|Business Marketing & Marketing Research||Explore the ways in which business and consumer marketing are different. Learn about producers, re-sellers, governments and institutions. Study how to establish a marketing research project.|
|Segmentation & Product Marketing||Find out why market segments are important. Learn the different types of market segmentation, the need for positioning and differentiation in consumer marketing, branding and brand equity.|
|Managing a Product & Retailing||Review types of new products and how they are adopted by consumers. Distinguish types of adopters and find out about product life-cycles and the role of retailing.|
|Services Marketing, Marketing Channels & Supply Chain Management||Learn the distinction between for-profit and non-profit marketing, channel intermediaries and channel conflict and technology, measurement, relationship and material integration.|
|Promotion, Advertising & Public Relations||Find out about promotion and the consumer, integrated marketing communication, effects of advertising on consumer behavior and customer relationship management.|
|Selling & Pricing Strategy||Explore pricing decisions and objectives and factors that influence pricing and pricing strategy.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Distance Learning Marketing Diploma Programs with Course Info
- Distance Learning Courses in Sales and Marketing with Degree Info
- Database Marketing Courses and Classes Overview
- List of Free Online Carpentry Courses, Classes and Learning Materials
- List of Free Online Psychology Courses, Classes and Learning Materials
- List of Free Online Religion Courses, Classes and Learning Materials
- List of Free Online Cooking Classes, Courses and Learning Materials
- List of Free Online Astronomy Courses, Classes and Learning Materials
- Distance Learning Courses and Training in Marketing Communications
- Online Fashion Marketing Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses