- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 69
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Credit: Yes
Earn transferable credit by taking this course for credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Marketing Plan? - Definition & Sample
Course SummaryMarketing 308 has been evaluated and recommended for 3 semester hours and may be transferred to over 2,000 colleges and universities. With this self-paced course, you get engaging lessons, expert instructors who make even the most challenging marketing topics simple, and an excellent resource for getting a head start on your degree.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - Applied Marketing - Assignment: Marketing Plan & Presentation|
At the end of this course, you'll become familiar with marketing plans, strategic marketing planning, marketing research and a variety of effective marketing tactics/strategies.
Your grade for this course will be calculated out of 300 points. The minimum score required to pass and become eligible for college credit for this course is 210 points, or an overall course grade of 70%. The table below shows how your overall grade will be calculated.
|Proctored Final Exam||100|
Quizzes are meant to test your comprehension of each lesson as you progress through the course. Here's a breakdown of how you will be graded on quizzes and how they'll factor into your final score:
- You will have 3 attempts to take each quiz for a score.
- The highest score of your first 3 attempts will be recorded as your score for each quiz.
- When you've completed the course, the highest scores from your first 3 attempts at each quiz will be averaged together and weighed against the total possible points for quizzes. For instance, if your average quiz score is 85%, you'll receive 85 out of 100 possible points for quizzes.
- After your initial 3 attempts, you can take a quiz for practice as many times as you'd like.
- You will need to pass each quiz with a score of at least 80% to earn course progress for the lesson. However, it is not necessary to earn 80% within the first three quiz attempts.
Assignments are intended to assess your application, analysis, and critical thinking skills in relation to the concepts you learn in the course. One assignment is required for this course. You can access them here.
- All assignment scores will total up to 100 points.
- Your assignment(s) will be graded by a Study.com instructor.
- The instructor will provide a graded rubric for you along with feedback on what you did well and what could be improved.
- If you are unsatisfied with your score, you will be able to revise and resubmit your assignment(s) twice. You are free to resubmit an assignment within two weeks of your most recent exam attempt or at any point if you have an active college accelerator membership.
Proctored Final Exam
The proctored final exam is a cumulative test designed to ensure that you've mastered the material in the course.
- You'll earn points equivalent to the percentage grade you receive on your proctored final. (So if you earn 90% on the final, that's 90 points toward your final grade.)
- If you're unsatisfied with your score on the exam, you'll be eligible to retake the exam after a 3-day waiting period.
- You can only retake the exam twice, so be sure to use your study guide and fully prepare yourself before you take the exam again.
Items Allowed on Study.com Proctored Exam for Marketing 308:
- Blank scratch paper
- Pen or pencil
Items NOT Allowed on Study.com Proctored Exam for Marketing 308
- Office programs, web browsers, or any programs other than Software Secure (including Study.com lessons)
- Textbooks (digital or physical)
- Mobile phones, headphones, speakers, TVs, or radios
- Notebooks or notes
- Any calculators
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the elements of marketing planning and how it is used by organizations.
- Apply environmental scanning tools to analyze the market and evaluate opportunities.
- Conduct marketing research to determine information and market planning needs.
- Examine market segments and select customers; Identify a value proposition, segmentation strategy, and competitive advantage.
- Formulate a marketing strategy to achieve business objectives.
- Develop a marketing plan including financial projections and video presentation for introduction of a new or existing product for a new target market.
There are no prerequisites for this course, but most students prefer to complete Marketing 101: Intro to Marketing before taking this course.
Marketing 308 consists of short video lessons that are organized into topical chapters. Each video is approximately 5-10 minutes in length and comes with a quick quiz to help you measure your learning. The course is completely self-paced. Watch lessons on your schedule whenever and wherever you want.
At the end of each chapter, you can complete a chapter test to see if you're ready to move on or have some material to review. Once you've completed the entire course, take the practice test and use the study tools in the course to prepare for the proctored final exam. You may take the proctored final exam whenever you are ready.
How Credit Recommendations Work
This course has been evaluated and recommended by both ACE and NCCRS for 3 semester hours in the upper division baccalaureate degree category. To apply for transfer credit, follow these steps:
- If you already have a school in mind, check with the registrar to see if the school will grant credit for courses recommended by either ACE or NCCRS.
- Complete Marketing 308 by watching video lessons and taking short quizzes.
- Take the Marketing 308 final exam directly on the Study.com site.
- Request a transcript to be sent to the accredited school of your choice!
- Check out this page for more information on Study.com's credit-recommended courses.
|Basics of Marketing Plans||Define the concept of marketing planning and explain how organizations use vision statements, marketing budgets and more as part of the marketing planning process.|
|Planning Strategically for Marketing||Describe sources of competitive advantage, recognize the components of the marketing mix; identify environmental scanning tools that are used to analyze the market and evaluate opportunities.|
|Aspects of Marketing Research||Describe the marketing research process; discuss the role of primary and secondary data in marketing research; compare different types of marketing competition.|
|Market Segmentation Strategies||Define market segmentation; outline the consumer decision-making process; analyze various market segmentation strategies.|
|Marketing Tactics & Strategies for Business||Define marketing strategy; explain the importance of customer perception; analyze different marketing strategies that aim to draw market attention.|
|Marketing Implementation & Promotion||Define the concept of marketing implementation and describe different types of promotional activities that are used in the marketing planning process.|
|Developing & Evaluating a Marketing Plan||Create a detailed marketing plan with financial projections; analyze evaluation criteria to determine business success.|
|Presentation Skills for Marketing||Create a marketing plan presentation; select effective visual aid options, publishing software, graphics and presentation software to engage an audience.|
Learn more about the College Accelerator Plan
Confirm College Accelerator Upgrade?
- Unlimited access to all video lessons
- Lesson Transcripts
- Tech support
- Practice quizzes & tests
- Tools for tracking progress
- Personalized coaching
- Access to instructors
- Certificates of Completion
- Create Custom Courses
- Earn college credit
- Take two exams per month
- Finish official exams remotely
- Learn more
By upgrading now, you will immediately have access to all features associated with your new plan. Because the change is in the middle of your billing cycle, your next charge will include the prorated amount for the rest of this month. For more info check our FAQ's.
What to Expect For the Exam
This Study.com course has been evaluated and recommended for college credit. Once you've completed this course, you can take the proctored final exam and potentially earn credit. Follow the steps below to take the exam.
Before taking the exam, all of the following requirements must be met:
|A College Accelerator Study.com membership.|
|Completed all lessons in Marketing 308: Applied Marketing course and achieved 100% Quiz Progress.|
|Not attempted to take this exam within the last three days.|
|Have available proctored exams in this month of membership.|
|Have not taken this exam three times. (0/3)|
|Complete the exam readiness quiz.|
|Please note: Assignments are required to complete this course for credit. You have submitted / required assignments for this course.|
Please meet all of the pre-requirements in the Pre-Exam Checklist in order to take the exam.
Exam Process Details
1. Register For Exam
Registering for the exam is simple. First, be sure you meet the system requirements. Next, you'll need to agree to the academic integrity policy. Then just confirm your name and the exam name, and you're ready to go!
2. Download Software Secure
You'll receive an unique access code. Please write this down — you'll need it to take the exam. Then download Software Secure and follow the installation instructions.
3. Take Exam
The exam contains 50 - 100 multiple choice questions. You will have two hours to complete the exam, so don't start until you're sure you can complete the entire thing. And remember to pace yourself!
4. Get Exam Results
We will send you an email with your official exam results within 1 to 2 weeks. If you would like to raise your grade after receiving your exam results, you can retake quizzes with fewer than 3 attempts. You will then need to retake the final exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Hawaii Marketing Universities with Course and Degree Overviews
- Marketing Colleges in Tennessee with Course and Degree Summaries
- Top 50 Marketing Colleges and Universities
- Top University in Baltimore for a Marketing Degree
- Marketing Colleges in New Jersey with Degree Program Overviews
- Top College in Washington, DC, for Marketing Courses
- Fashion Marketing Degree Programs in Chicago with Course Overviews
- Marketing Degrees in Oregon with Course and Program Overviews
- Colleges and Universities with German Degrees and Courses
- Food Marketing Degree Programs with Course Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses
Request more information
Get in contact with one of our transfer advisors to learn how to earn transferable college credit for Marketing 308: Applied Marketing.