- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 36
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
Course SummaryThis course can help hospitality and tourism employees gain a better understanding of how to develop marketing plans unique to the industry. Assign this professional development course to your employees at any time to help them develop and strengthen essential marketing skills.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course consists of chapters that have lessons focused on increasing the efficacy of your marketing professionals. Employees will learn about related processes, several modes of marketing and methods for managing its various components.
How It Works
This course, found on our website, offers convenience that is uncommon in professional development programs. The marketing lessons can be completed in groups or individually. They can be assigned in bulk or as single chapters with lessons within. Employees have the flexibility of completing coursework anywhere that an Internet connection exists.
The course contains:
- Concise, engaging marketing and hospitality lessons that are easy to maneuver
- Self-assessments that can be completed online or offline
- Comprehensive checks of marketing knowledge at the end of the chapters
- A cumulative exam which assesses overall learning
How It Helps
- Diversifies knowledge: Lessons in the course teach employees about the different ways to market the same product leading to far-reaching advertising.
- Encourages team building: Because the lessons can be completed in groups of various sizes, your employees can learn and work together to pass the assessments.
- Improves focus: - Employees can discover how to develop the appropriate marketing strategies for the service being offered.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Marketing Practices & Polices||Learn the basics of marketing in the tourism and hospital industries, including the differences between services and goods along with the purpose and function of marketing.|
|Developing Marketing Strategies||Understand the steps that have to be taken to create an effective marketing plan.|
|The Marketing Mix & Internet Marketing||Find out about the options that are available regarding the delivery of marketing materials such as ads and testimonials.|
|Marketing Management for Hospitality & Tourism||Review the role of hospitality and tourism managers in the marketing process.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Tourism Marketing Degree Programs with Course Information
- Marketing Jobs in the Hospitality Industry
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- How Professional Development Made ME a Better Teacher
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- Teachers: How to Find Time For Professional Development
- Online Marketing Courses with Course Descriptions
- New Jersey Schools with Professional Development Courses in Education
- Why You Should Help Your Employees Earn a College Degree
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses