- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 194
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Nurse Aide: Definition & Duties
Course SummaryLet us help you get a passing score on the Maryland Pearson CNA test with the fun lessons included in this informative course. You can access the video and text lessons that make up this comprehensive study guide at any time on your mobile device or computer.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Our helpful Wisconsin Pearson CNA test training course is a great way to get ready to take the exam. You can review all of the video and text lessons before the exam, or choose only the lessons and chapters that you know need your attention. To give you a good sense for how you might do on test day, take the multiple-choice quizzes that accompany each lesson. Going back to review information from a video lesson is simple using the video tabs feature found in the Timeline. Once you complete this course, you should have a good understanding of the following subjects:
- The nurse aide's role
- Communication in nursing and the rights of patients
- Basic hygiene, nurse safety and the control of asepsis
- Patient infections and injuries
- Emergency procedures, care and emergency situations
- Circulation, skin integrity and personal care
- Nutrition, fluid and electrolyte balance, rest and sleep
- Assistive devices and mobility
- Psychosocial concerns for nurses
- Physical impairments and physical assessment techniques
- Understanding pain management and pain, plus mental health concepts
- The aging process and end of life care
About the Exam
The Maryland Pearson CNA test is designed for nursing candidates looking to earn Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) registration in the state of Maryland. The test consists of a written examination and a skills examination. For the written portion of the test, test-takers may choose between a written examination with 70 multiple-choice questions or an oral examination with 60 multiple-choice questions and 10 reading comprehension questions. For the skills examination, you will be given 25 minutes to successfully complete five geriatric nurse assistant skills. Both of these portions of the test are administered on the same day.
Maryland Pearson CNA Test Preparation & Registration
The lessons in this comprehensive study guide course are designed to help prepare you for the topics you'll find on the Maryland Pearson CNA test. Professional instructors created these learning materials, so you can feel confident you're learning the very best and most accurate information. If you need any assistance as you move through the course, these instructors are also available to help answer your questions.
To take the Maryland Pearson CNA test, you must apply using a form you can request from your employer or your nurse assistant training program. Once your application and testing fees have been received, your testing date will be scheduled. Candidates must arrive 30 minutes prior to their scheduled test time and bring two forms of identification, three sharpened No. 2 pencils, an eraser and a watch with a second hand. If you'd like to bring a dictionary with you for your test, the only permitted choice is the Longman's Dictionary of American English.
Maryland Pearson CNA test is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Computer Schools in Maryland with Degree and Course Overviews
- List of Free Online Data Entry Courses and Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses