- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 175
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Real Property and Personal Property: Definition and Differences
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ Real Estate study guides, and 800+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryPass your Maryland Real Estate Salesperson exam with the help of our comprehensive study guide. Our video lessons, quizzes, & practice tests make preparing for your exam easy.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
20 chapters in Maryland Real Estate Salesperson Exam: Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Maryland Real Estate Salesperson (MRES) Exam Study Guide
The Maryland Real Estate Salesperson (MRES) exam is a crucial step in becoming a licensed Real Estate salesperson in the state of Maryland. It consists of two sections designed to cover national-and state-specific questions about the real estate. Our professional instructors have developed a comprehensive study guide to help you prepare for this exam. As part of our study guide, lessons, quizzes, practice tests and flashcards can help you perfect your knowledge of the exam content areas.
Check out our Real Estate test prep materials! We've got comprehensive Real Estate study guides to help you study, Real Estate practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Real Estate resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the Maryland Real Estate Salesperson exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by PSI Examination Services. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- Explain the basics of property ownership
- Describe the types of land use controls and regulations
- Understand general principles of valuation and market analysis
- Detail key concepts of financing and landing
- Point out general principles of agency and property disclosures
- Outline the basics of contract law
- Share the fundamentals of leasing and property management
- Relate the elements of the transfer of title
- Summarize the practice of real estate
- Utilize basic real estate calculations
Maryland state-specific topics:
- Identify the duties and powers of the Maryland Real Estate Commission
- Explain licensing requirements in the state of Maryland
- Describe the listing agreements and the types of agency disclosures
- Perform supervision duties
- Assess types of business conduct
- Demonstrate the general ethics principles
Maryland Real Estate Salesperson Exam Course Format
Our Maryland Real Estate Salesperson Exam study guide course is broken down into 19 chapters and 155 lessons which coincide with the national and state-specific portions of questions from the exam. In the chapters, video lessons are followed with quizzes, and each of the chapters offers a practice test for you to gauge your knowledge on the topic.
Maryland Real Estate Salesperson Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 110 questions
- Question Type: multiple choice
- Time Limit: 120 minutes (90 minutes for the national portion and 30 minutes for the state-specific portion)
- Exam Cost: $61
Maryland Real Estate Salesperson Exam Breakdown
|Maryland Real Estate Salesperson Exam Concept - National||Percentage of Subtest||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Land use control and regulation||5%||4|
|Valuation and market analysis||7%||6|
|General principles of agency||13%||10|
|Leasing and property management||3%||2|
|Transfer of title||8%||6|
|Practice of real estate||13%||10|
|Real estate calculations||10%||8|
|Maryland Real Estate Salesperson Exam Concept - State||Percentage of Subtest||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Duties and power of the real estate commission||13%||4|
Registering and Preparing for the Maryland Real Estate Salesperson Exam
Your education provider will verify your eligibility to PSI after successful completion of all requirements. After this, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to pay for and schedule the examination. There are several registration options for this exam: online, standard mail, telephone, fax, and email.
This study guide can help you become more efficient in answering exam questions under the required timeline. It offers tests at the end of each chapter, as well as a comprehensive practice exam to gauge your knowledge on the subject. Should you need additional help regarding the content of the study guide, you can submit questions to our professional instructors who are available for personalized support.
For more information on registering and preparing for the Maryland Real Estate Salesperson Exam check out our Maryland Real Estate Salesperson Exam Informational Resources.
Maryland Real Estate Salesperson Exam is a registered trademark of PSI Examination Services,, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Compass Exams
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses