- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 161
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Real Property and Personal Property: Definition and Differences
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 100+ Real Estate study guides, and 1,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis course has everything you'll need to pass the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam. You can complete this self-paced course anytime or anywhere on a computer, iPad, or tablet.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
18 chapters in Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam: Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This challenging and engaging course will review the real estate principles, practices, laws, and regulations found on the 120-question computer-based Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam. Real estate professionals have designed a comprehensive study guide, quizzes, and a simulated practice test just for you. After completing the course, you'll feel confident and ready to take and ace the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam.
Check out our real estate test prep materials! We've got comprehensive real estate study guides to help you study, real estate practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational real estate resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus and Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by PSI Testing Services. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- Differentiate among types of property ownership and real estate loans
- Explain the lending and underwriting processes
- Describe property and land characteristics
- Comprehend Massachusetts real estate contracts, laws, licensing, and statutory requirements
- Distinguish between real estate liens and encumbrances
- Understand real estate sales contracts, title transfers, and practices
- Define basic real estate financing terms and concepts
- Interpret property valuation and appraisal
- Discern agency relationships and agreements
- Perform common real estate calculations
This self-paced course features video lessons, self-assessments, and progress meters, culminating with a practice test that mimics the licensure exam. The course also includes a Dashboard to track your progress. Prepare and review the material anytime and anywhere, and ace the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam.
Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam Information
The Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam is broken up into two sections: general and state. To pass the entire exam, you must earn a 70% or above. Once you complete the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam, you will be notified of your pass or fail grade before leaving the testing center.
- Number of questions: 120 (general: 80; state: 40)
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: $85.00 ($54.00 for active-duty military or veterans)
|Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson (general portion)||Percent of the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Land Use Control and Regulation||5%||4|
|Valuation and Market Analysis||7%||5-6|
|General Principle of Agency||13%||10-11|
|Leasing and Property Management||3%||2-3|
|Transfer of Title||8%||6-7|
|Practice of Real Estate||13%||10-11|
|Real Estate Ealculations||10%||8|
|Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson (state portion)||Percent of the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam||Number of Items|
|Duties and Powers of Board of Registration and Real Estate Comission||5%||2|
|Requirements Governing Licenses||33-35%||13|
|Consumer Protection Laws||10-12%||5|
|Environmental Issues and Hazardous Materials||10%||4|
|Massachusetts Fair Housing Law||10%||4|
|Landlord Tenant Law||10%||4|
Preparing and Registering for the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam
The Massachusetts Real Estate Commission partners with PSI Exams Online to deliver all testing services. To register, participants must be at least 18-years of age, complete 40-hours of pre-license salesperson education, obtain a completed Massachusetts Board of Real Estate Educational Certificate form, and three candidate endorsements. With sites throughout Massachusetts offering computerized testing, candidates must register in advance for the exam. After you pass the test, you can apply for your Massachusetts real estate salesperson license.
We recommend taking this course before registering for the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam, ensuring that you'll be prepared as possible on exam day. Not only do the video lessons and accompanying transcripts cover all of the topics on this test, but they also provide you practice assessments that'll help you make sure that you thoroughly remember and understand the material.
The Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam is a registered trademark of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Division of Professional Licensure Board of Registration of Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Real Estate Courses in Massachusetts with School Information
- Are Online Courses Self-paced at Howard Community College?
- Online Real Estate Degree Programs with School and University Info
- Online Real Estate Management Degree Program Overviews
- Real Estate Appraisal Courses Overview
- Real Estate Development Course Overviews
- Free Online Real Estate Courses & Programs
- Online Continuing Education Courses in Real Estate
- California Real Estate License Courses and Classes
- Real Estate Accounting Courses and Classes Overview
- Careers in Environmental Geography Job Options and Requirements
- What To Do if Your School Doesnt Have the Class You Want
- Nursing Administration Diploma Programs in Spokane
- Bad Grades First Semester How to Regain Your Academic Focus
- Why a Liberal Arts Degree Is a Better Move for Your Career Than You Might Think
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses