- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 157
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Real Property and Personal Property: Definition and Differences
Course SummaryThis course prepares you for the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson exam by teaching you about things like the types of property ownership, land characteristics, and property valuations, to name a few.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
18 chapters in Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam: Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam Study Guide
The objective of this course is to prepare you for the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson exam by covering the topics you will encounter in the exam. These include real estate loans, real estate practices, property management, laws and licensing requirements in Massachusetts, and common real estate calculations. This exam is required to become a licensed real estate salesperson in Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam Course Information
This course prepares you for the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson exam by covering the range of topics that will encounter on the exam. The course will start out by covering real estate topics that apply nationally, then narrow in on practices specific to the state of Massachusetts. Having an overview of these topics will ensure that you understand the types of questions you will encounter in your exam. The topics covered in this course are:
Property and land characteristics
Air, mineral, and water rights in real estate
Liens and encumbrances in real estate
Types of property ownership
Real estate land use controls and regulations
Property valuations and appraisal
Basic real estate financing terms and concepts
Types of real estate loans
Lending and underwriting processes
Agency relationships and agreements
Disclosures of property conditions
Real estate sales contracts
Leasing and property management
Real estate title transfers
Real estate practices
Common real estate calculations
Massachusetts real estate licensing and statutory requirements
Massachusetts real estate contracts and laws
Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam Course Format
This course consists of 18 chapters that help prepare you for your exam. You can keep track of your progress with the easy to use dashboard, and jump right back in if you decide to take a break. To test your knowledge, there will be short quizzes throughout the chapter, with a comprehensive test at the end.
Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 40
- Question Type: multiple choice
- Time Limit: 90 minutes state portion; 150 minutes national portion
- Exam Cost: $85 exam plus registration fee
Registering and Preparing for the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam
To register for the exam, please go to the PSI exam page. You will need to register at least one day in advance and will have the ability to cancel or reschedule your exam at least two days in advance. In order to be eligible for the exam, you must be at least 18 years old, have completed 40 hours of pre-licensure education and have three endorsements from non-relatives.
For more information on registering and preparing for the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson exam, check out our Real Estate test prep materials! We've got comprehensive Real Estate study guides to help you study, Real Estate practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Real Estate resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Real Estate Courses in Massachusetts with School Information
- Become a Real Estate Property Manager: Career Roadmap
- Property Manager Vs. Real Estate Agent
- MBA in Real Estate Property Management: Program Information
- Real Estate Development Course Overviews
- Real Estate Appraisal Courses Overview
- Property Maintenance Class and Course Descriptions
- Commercial Real Estate Course and Class Descriptions
- Online Continuing Education Courses in Real Estate
- California Real Estate License Courses and Classes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses