- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 33
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Comparing and Ordering Fractions
Course SummaryUsing easy to understand text and video lessons, math fundamentals helps you to identify and understand different number sets along with how to use them. This course provides a clear understanding through examples of formulas, calculations, and applications.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Broken down into easy to digest sections, this course offers short 5-10 minute lessons covering algebra, data, and geometry skills. Within this course, you'll learn fraction comparison, decimal place values, systems of equations, and types of angles. The course also provides a deeper understanding of the properties of shapes, the Pythagorean Theorem, and algebraic expressions in a way that is easy to understand.
How It Works
Comprehensive, short lessons can be viewed on a variety of different devices like laptops, desktop computers, tablets, and even your smartphone. Available sequentially to help you slowly build your knowledge, these flexible lessons can be completed when you have a minute to spare on your commute or during a little downtime.
The course makes concepts easy to follow through:
- Easy to follow lessons clearly and simply break down difficult math concepts
- Examples demonstrate calculations like square roots and coefficients clearly
- Lesson quizzes help to ensure your understanding of theorems and calculations are clear
- Chapter exams verify your understanding of the data, algebraic expressions, and geometric theorems
How It Helps
Data Awareness: Individuals need a clear and comprehensive understanding of numbers, formulas, and measurements used to create tables, analyze data sets, and make predictions about future projections.
Algebraic Equations: It is important to have a clear understanding of variables and algebraic expressions along with the order of operations. Individuals also need to be able to understand how equations or number systems relate to one another.
Graphing Skills: Teaches individuals to understand the use of intercepts and graphing principles along with how ordered pairs of numbers fit on the graph.
Shapes & Lines Understand the functions, purpose, and dimensions that make shapes and lines fall into a specific category. Explore how these systems all work together.
After completion of this course, individuals should have a clear understanding of the following:
- How numbers and data sets, like fractions and decimals, work together along with conversions
- Relationships that exist between algebraic expressions and variable usage within different equations
- Geometric and graphing skills including shape and line properties along with the parts of a graph
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- GED RLA: Understanding Informational Texts
- Flashcards - GED RLA: Understanding Informational Texts
- What Are Some Online Courses that Will Assist in the Understanding of Data Structure Concepts?
- What to Do When Parents Don't Understand Boundaries
- Understanding Grades: Inflation
- Understanding the New Private Student Loans
- Understanding OCW: A Field Guide to Free Education
- Understanding Grades: The Syllabus
- Ch 2. Understanding Plate Tectonics
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses