- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 119
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Math Bingo Games
Course SummaryLiven up your elementary math class with fun games and activities you can use to help your students understand basic math concepts. The chapters in this course provide detailed instructions for games that students can play in pairs or in groups.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
In this course, you will find details about various ways you can engage your students while teaching them elementary-level math concepts. These chapters outline in-class games and activities designed specifically for students in grades 1-6 that can range from card games to hopscotch. Your students will enjoy learning math in this manner and these activities might help them better retain information about basic math operations and problems.
You can also find links to short, easy-to-follow math lessons that cover addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and more. These lessons provide yet another classroom tool you can use to ensure that your students fully understand these basic math topics before moving on to more advanced concepts.
How It Works
These chapter provide outlines and step-by-step instructions for active and quieter games you can use to teach students about math. You will find great ideas for activities that promote student participation and enhance your class's learning experience. If you choose to use our lessons, you will find them accessible 24/7 from any device so they can easily be added to your daily lessons.
The course includes:
- Outlines for games and activities, from Bingo games to relay races, that use a different approach to teach your class about elementary math topics
- Drills you can use to measure how much your students understand about basic math operations and how to apply them
- Links to video and text lessons that can supplement your existing math course materials
- Short quizzes in the lessons that help you determine how much your students understand and their readiness in moving on to the next topic
How It Helps
- Improves student understanding: - Helps you explain math problem-solving processes in a different way so students are better able to understand and retain information
- Encourages student participation: Gets students involved in daily class activities to create a more effective learning environment
- Engages students: Describes fun activities and games that keep students focused and engaged in the material
In this course, you will find activities, games and lesson plans that focus on the following:
- Basic math concepts for elementary students grades 1-6
- Math drills to show how much students understand about basic math operations
- Problem-solving processes in basic math
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Students: Use Video Games to Stay in Shape
- Understand How Your Students Read to Make Class Time More Effective
- Easy Steps You Can Take to Help Students Appreciate Math
- Get Your Elementary Students Outside With These 3 Activities
- CPR Classes with Detailed Course Information
- Medical Courses and Classes for Undergraduate Students
- Setting Students Up for Success with Study.com's Courses
- Diary of an OCW Music Student, Week 1: Basic Concepts
- The Next Campus Rockstar: a Math Student?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses