- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 61
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Course SummaryFeel confident in your ability to pass a test that covers math basics with help from this study guide for teachers. Fun lessons, mini-quizzes, practice exams and other resources can effectively strengthen your knowledge of numerical reasoning, inequalities and more to help you succeed on exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - What Is The Order of Operations in Math? - Definition & Examples||Take Quiz|
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - The Metric System: Units and Conversion||Take Quiz|
|Lesson 2 - Unit Conversion and Dimensional Analysis||Take Quiz|
About This Course
Get the knowledge boost you need to excel on a test covering a variety of math concepts by taking advantage of study resources available in this course. Entertaining lessons make it easy for educators to get reacquainted with numerical reasoning, systems of measurement, the geometric properties of shapes and much more. Short quizzes and practice exams are available for self-assessment. Utilizing these resources will enable you to address topics on your test that include the following:
- Basic number concepts
- Number properties and computation
- Percents, proportions and ratios
- Basics of equations and inequalities
- Coordinate geometry concepts
- Scaling and measurement for complex and simple figures
- Visualization and data analysis
- How to make probability calculations
This study guide offers a fantastic self-paced format that lets you tailor your review of the lesson based on your specific study goals. Educators with busy schedules can take advantage of around-the-clock computer and mobile access that makes it easy to study anytime in any locations with Internet connections. Refresh or expand your knowledge of math concepts covered in this course by exploring any lessons you desire, and gauge your knowledge of these concepts with help from lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam. If you have questions about topics covered in this course, don't hesitate to submit them to our subject-matter experts via the Dashboard.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses