- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 92
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1DNA: Chemical Structure of Nucleic Acids & Phosphodiester Bonds
Course SummaryUse this comprehensive test preparation course to study for the MB (ASCP) Technologist in Molecular Biology exam. The course contains short lessons and practice quizzes that can help you quickly prepare for the test, and you can practice answering the types of questions you'll encounter on exam day.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
18 chapters in MB (ASCP) Technologist in Molecular Biology: Study Guide & Exam Prep
About This Course
If you're planning to take the MB (ASCP) Technologist in Molecular Biology exam, use this test prep course to get ready in a few short weeks. Inside, you'll find a series of simple and fun science lessons that go over all of the concepts that you could be tested on. This course covers the following exam topics:
- Nucleic acid chemistry, isolation, separation and detection
- Chromosomal/extrachromosomal structures
- Gene mutations, DNA replication, transcription and translation
- Biochemical reagents
- The biology of genetics
- Microbial genetics
- Techniques for nucleic acid amplification, sequencing and analysis
- Evaluating and analyzing scientific data
- Laboratory guidelines, regulations, personnel, contamination, quality assurance and safety
- Molecular testing applications for infectious diseases, oncology and genetic disorders
- Molecular testing for genetic identify, engraftment, genetic identity and pharmacogenomics
About the Exam
This exam is intended for candidates who are pursuing molecular biology technologist certification through the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP). You'll have two-and-a-half hours to complete the exam's 100 multiple-choice questions. The exam is delivered through a computer adaptive testing format, and you'll be assessed on four content areas (molecular science, molecular techniques, laboratory operations and molecular testing applications).
MB (ASCP) Technologist in Molecular Biology Test Preparation & Registration
This course allows you to study for the exam at your own pace and at any time that fits your schedule. The course's lessons are designed to simplify complex molecular biology concepts and define scientific terms in a way that's easy to understand and remember. When you're finished with each lesson, try the accompanying self-assessment quiz to retain important concepts. The course also includes chapter exams and a final assessment to help you get comfortable answering the types of questions you'll be expected to answer. If you have any questions about the course topics, you can submit them to our instructors online at any time.
In order to be eligible for the exam, you must meet several education and experience requirements, such as having an existing ASCP credential in another scientific area, having a baccalaureate degree or having a graduate-level degree. Consult the official ASCP website for up-to-date eligibility requirements. If you're eligible for the exam, you'll be able to complete your registration online through the official ASCP website. You'll be prompted to create an ASCP account, submit an application and pay an application fee.
The MB (ASCP) Technologist in Molecular Biology exam is a registered trademark of the American Society for Clinical Pathology, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- ASCP Course and Class Information
- GED Sample Test Questions and Answers
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- List of Free Online Typing Courses and Practice Programs
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- Biology Questions and Answers
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses