- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 219
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Greek City-States and Governments
Course SummarySupplement your McDougal Littell Modern World History - Patterns of Interaction textbook with simple and fun world history videos. This textbook companion effectively teaches all the important world history concepts to help you earn a better grade and study more efficiently. Each of the video lessons is about five minutes long and is sequenced to align with the chapters in the McDougal Littell Modern World History - Patterns of Interaction textbook.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
21 chapters in McDougal Littell Modern World History - Patterns of Interaction: Online Textbook Help
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the McDougal Littell Modern World History - Patterns of Interaction textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How it works:
- Identify the chapter in your McDougal Littell Modern World History - Patterns of Interaction textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our McDougal Littell Modern World History - Patterns of Interaction textbook companion course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the world history topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why it works:
- Fun Content: These videos make learning world history fun with engaging animation and real world examples.
- Great Instructors: The lessons use exceptional educators who can take concepts like the French Revolution and World War II and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Ancient civilizations
- The Renaissance in Europe
- Muslim empires
- European exploration
- Isolation in China and Japan
- Explorers in the new world
- European monarchs
- The Enlightenment and Scientific Revolution
- The American Revolution
- Napoleon's rise to power
- Nationalist revolutions
- Industrial Revolution advancements and changes
- Progress in the 19th century
- The age of democracy
- Global changes in the 19th century
- World War I
- Russian Revolution
- The Great Depression, fascism and other global issues
- World War II events and aftermath
- Postwar restructuring activities
- Indian and Asian independence efforts
- Middle East conflicts
- Global fights for democracy
- Interdependence, terrorism and modern culture
McDougal Littell Modern World History - Patterns of Interaction is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses in World History
- 7 World History Facts That Will Amaze Your Kids
- World History Teacher: Employment Info & Requirements
- Is Studying History Still Important?
- List of Free Online World History Courses and Classes
- CLEP Social Sciences and History: Aftermath of WWII Around the World
- CLEP Social Sciences and History: The Age of Nationalism in the Western World
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- What Are Some Accredited Schools that Offer Online Degree Programs in Early Church History and World Religions?
- Distance Learning Options for Modern English History
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses