- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 143
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Algebra Vocabulary Terms
Course SummaryUse our McDougal Littell Pre-Algebra Textbook Help course to supplement your class textbook. This flexible learning option allows you to review just those topics you need a little extra help with and is a great way to study for a test or get extra help with homework.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the McDougal Littell Pre-Algebra textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How it works:
- Identify the chapter in your McDougal Littell Pre-Algebra textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our McDougal Littell Pre-Algebra textbook companion course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the pre-algebra topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why it works:
- Fun Content: These videos make learning pre-algebra fun with engaging animation and real world examples.
- Great Instructors: The lessons use exceptional educators who can take concepts like linear functions and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Variables and integers
- Multi-step equations
- Factors and fractions
- Exponent properties
- Rational numbers and rational equations
- Ratios and rates
- Proportion and probability
- Percent notation
- Linear function operations and graphs
- Real numbers and square roots
- Right triangles
- Properties of shapes
- Area and volume
- Data collection and analysis
- Nonlinear functions
- Polynomial operations
- Math transformations
McDougal Littell Pre-Algebra is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Do I Get Extra Help for My ADHD Child at School?
- Extra Financial Aid Only Helps Students Likely to Drop Out
- 5 Ways Tech Can Help You Prepare for the SATs
- How To Help Your Kids With Homework When You've Got Your Own
- Help Desk Analyst Courses and Classes Overview
- 6 Ways Parents Can Help Their Child Prepare for the SAT
- Jobs that Help People in Need
- 5 Extracurricular Activities to Help Your ADHD Child Work on Their Ability to Focus
- Autism Studies Abroad Help Back Home
- Help! I Need to Find a Job in HR Fast
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses