- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 144
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Scientific Ways of Thinking
Course SummaryIf you're planning to take the MEGA Biology exam, use this test preparation course to review all of the biology concepts you'll need to know. The course contains expertly taught lessons and assessments that can help you study for the exam at any time that fits your schedule.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About this Course
This course has been put together to allow for a comprehensive review of the material covered by the Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA) Biology exam. In it, you will review the principles of Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), living systems, cell biology, molecular biology, evolution and ecology. After going through these lessons, you should be ready to answer exam questions about:
- Methods and societal applications of scientific research and STEM
- Uses of technology in society and scientific discoveries
- Chemical properties of life
- The functions and structures of cells
- Genetics, molecular biology, inheritance and evolution
- Origins of life on Earth and the phylogenetic classification of organisms
- How different organisms maintain homeostasis
- Relationships between populations, ecosystems, environmental change and human interaction
- The impact of humans on the environment
About the Exam
The MEGA Biology exam is a computer-based exam with 80 multiple-choice questions, which are administered in a 2.25-hour testing session. These questions are used to determine whether future biology teachers of Missouri possess the knowledge needed to teach their future classes. To prove that you possess this knowledge and pass the MEGA Biology exam, you will need to score at least 220 points.
Preparing & Registering for the MEGA Biology
In this course you will have the opportunity to complete a series of lessons and assessments assembled to help teaching candidates, like yourself, prepare for the MEGA Biology exam. Watch the lesson videos to review the different topics you may see on exam day and then read the transcripts to reinforce your understanding of the material. Test your grasp of these topics by taking the included quizzes. To improve your comprehension of areas you don't understand, use the video tags to look over specific video scenes. The lessons and quizzes are organized into subject-specific chapters, which come with their own practice chapter exam. You can them to gauge whether you are ready for related questions on the MEGA Biology exam.
Visit the MEGA website to set up an account and register for the MEGA tests you will need to take. The MEGA Biology exam is offered year round at various testing locations nationwide. If you need to change the time, date or location of a testing session after you've already set it up, you may do so as long as you do it at least 24 hours before your current scheduled appointment. If you need to retake the exam you have to wait 30 days after your previous attempt.
Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA) Biology is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Molecular Biology Course and Class Reviews
- Flashcards - Keystone Biology Exam: Bioenergetics
- What You Need To Know About The ParaPro Assessment
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- How to Fit Studying for Your Teacher Certification Into Your Schedule
- Flashcards - Keystone Biology Exam: Understanding Enzymes
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Systems Biology Course and Class Information
- Online General Biology Course Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses