- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 236
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Principles of Growth and Development
This course can be found in: MoGEA/MEGA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ MoGEA/MEGA study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis comprehensive test preparation course helps you study for the MEGA Early Childhood Education exam. In the course, you'll find engaging lessons and practice quizzes that go over all of the early childhood education concepts that appear on the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related MoGEA/MEGA Courses
About This Course
Before you take the Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA) Early Childhood Education Exam, go through the video lessons in this study guide to learn about the information you might encounter on the exam itself. Each chapter will contain lessons dedicated to a specific subject that you should study in preparation for the exam. Some subjects you'll encounter in these lessons are:
- Physical, cognitive, social and language development
- Theories on social behavior
- Classroom diversity
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Lesson planning, instruction and student assessment
- Reading, writing, math, social studies, science, art, health and phys ed instruction
About the Exam
You will need to take the MEGA Early Childhood Education Exam if you want to become an early education teacher in the state of Missouri. The exam is taken on a computer, featuring 100 multiple-choice questions. In order to pass the exam, you must receive a minimum score of 220. Scores will be released approximately two to six weeks after you take the exam, on a date specified based on the period of time in which you take the exam. The test may be scheduled year-round, on any day excluding Sundays and some holidays.
MEGA Early Childhood Education Exam Preparation & Registration
This study guide is divided into chapters that will teach you crucial information relevant to early childhood education that you will need to know for the exam. You will learn about some important theories on childhood education, as well as effective techniques for teaching that can be used in the classroom. You will also learn essential facts about childhood development that will apply to a career as an early childhood educator. Each chapter contains video lessons that will each teach you about significant topics related to these subjects. You will also find practice quizzes in each chapter that will be helpful in assessing your understanding of the subjects, and preparing for the format of the MEGA Exam.
Registration for the exam will be done on the MEGA website, once you have created an online account. You will take the exam at a Pearson testing center in Missouri or nationwide (you can search for the nearest testing center on the website). Your scores will be emailed to you at the designated time period if you preregister for this service. Otherwise, you can access your scores on your online account. Your scores will also be sent to any institution you register as a score recipient beforehand. When you arrive at the testing center on the day of the exam, you must present a valid, government-issued ID . You should arrive at the testing site about 30-minutes prior to the scheduled start of the exam.
Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Classes and Courses in Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education Courses in Nevada with Degree Info
- Online Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education with Course Info
- Online Courses in Early Childhood Education: Distance Learning Options
- Online Early Childhood Special Education Classes and Courses
- Early Childhood Education Courses in Richmond, VA with School Info
- Early Childhood Education Courses in MN with Degree Overviews
- Top University in Harrisburg, PA, for Early Childhood Education Courses
- Early Childhood Education Degree in North Carolina with Course Info
- Online College Courses in Early Childhood Education with School Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses